WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Wednesday, October 13, 2021:
- The Wilmington School Committee meet at 7pm in the High School’s Large Instruction Room. Read the agenda HERE. Watch live on WCTV and wctv.org. … The Wilmington Board of Appeals meets at 7pm in Town Hall’s Room 9. Read the agenda HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding an outdoor Time for Twos storytime at 10am. Learn more and register HERE. … The library will be holding a craft and chat at 7pm in the library’s Meeting Room. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Wilmington Police Department is conducting Child Safety Seat Inspections and Installations at the Public Safety Building (1 Adelaide Street) between 10a and 2pm. No appointments are necessary, however, it is strongly encouraged that you call ahead at 978-658-5071 to make sure a technician is available. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington United Methodist Church (87 Church Street) is selling pumpkins on its front lawn from noon to 7pm. Credit cards are accepted. All proceeds from this popular program will support the Wilmington United Methodist Church and the many missions it supports.
- Wilmington resident John Galasso, will be taking a shot at knocking out cancer by fighting in the 10th annual “Haymakers for Hope Rock N’ Rumble” charity boxing event on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at the House of Blues Boston (15 Lansdowne Street). Galasso along with 25 other brave individuals from the Greater Boston area, will be stepping into the squared circle at this year’s event to raise money for cancer research. Haymakers is open to everyday professionals in the Greater Boston area who have never boxed and want to practice in front of a sellout crowd at the House of Blues to literally fight for a cure. Participants get matched at local partnering gyms where they go through 4 months of intensive training with the culmination being a live fight night at the House of Blues. Since inception, Haymakers has raised more than $14.5M. Galasso, an electrician, trained at Jim McNally Boxing. To learn more about Galasso, and to make a donation in his name, click HERE.