WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, October 10, 2021:
- Join Lyndell’s Bakery (720 Broadway) in Somerville for its 9th Annual Sean Collier Memorial Fundraiser Weekend from Friday, October 8, 2021 to Sunday, October 10, 2021. The event raises funds for the Somerville Auxiliary Police’s Sean Collier Memorial Scholarship, which helps Somerville High School seniors pursuing a career in law enforcement. $1 from every sale of the bakery’s custom half moon with Sean’s Somerville Police badge #310 on it will be donated to the Scholarship Fund. The bakery will also have raffles for customers to take a chance on, including Bruins tickets and Lyndell’s gift cards. All raffle proceeds will also be donated to the Scholarship Fund.
- The Wilmington United Methodist Church (87 Church Street) is selling pumpkins from 9am to 7pm. There is a large selection and variety of pumpkins and gourds available for sale on the church’s front lawn. Credit cards will be accepted. All proceeds from this popular program will support the Wilmington United Methodist Church and the many missions it supports. Learn more HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
- Reading Municipal Light Department (RMLD) encourages customers to celebrate Public Power Week (October 3, 2021 through October 9, 2021) virtually with the following family-friendly activities:
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest (for children ages 5-13) – Kids are invited to decorate a sugar pumpkin with an electricity-themed design and submit a photo of their pumpkin to be considered for one of three grand prizes.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt (family activity) – Gather the entire family for this fun and educational activity! Submit photos of all eight electricity-related items on the scavenger hunt list and be entered to win a grand prize.
- Did you know there is a weekly car meetup from 9am to noon on Sundays in the As Good As It Gets parking lot (35 Lowell Street)? Learn more about Kars N Coffee HERE. Watch videos from past meetups HERE.