WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Sunday, September 19, 2021:
#1) Wilmington Farmers Market On The Swain Green
The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open this Sunday, September 19, 2021 from 10am to 1pm, on the Swain Green, across from the Town Common, at 140 Middlesex Avenue.
September 19 Farmers Market Lineup:
- Seafood Express Co
- North of Boston
- Cupcake City
- Sweet E’s
- Aaronap Cellars
- Gaouette Farm
- Red Antler Apothecary
- KC StYles Accessories
- Love At First Lite Candles
- Big Bright World Tie Dye Creations
- National Knife Sharpening
- Create #1 Foam Fingers at the Kids Table
- Live Music from Willie T & Doctor X
#2) Wilmington Farmers Market To Hold Cornhole Tournament Fundraiser Today
Below is an announcement from the Wilmington Farmers Market:
Please join us at the Wilmington Farmers Market on Sunday, September 19, 2021 on the Swain Green for a family fun day of cornhole! 24 teams! Double elimination brackets! Cash prizes for top 3 teams!
The tournament is open for online pre-registration (as space allows), and day of team and individual player registration. There is enough space for up to 24 teams. This is a blind draw, double-elimination (you have to lose twice to be eliminated) tournament, following the rules of the American Cornhole Association.
Funds generated from the tournament will benefit the operation of the Wilmington Farmers Market 2022 season and beyond.
Teams and individual players will need to arrive between 9:30 and 10:00 am for a 10:15 am tournament start. The Tournament will be completed by 1:00 pm at the close of the Market.
Team and Individual registration is now open online HERE. Individuals will be paired with one another on or before event day. Teams are $40 each, individuals are $20 each. Payment can be made online in advance with a credit card, or the morning of the tournament by cash or check.
#3) Wilmington Public Schools Hiring Substitute Teachers & Educational Assistants
Wilmington Public Schools is seeking substitute teachers at the elementary school, middle school and high school levels, according to a job listing posted on September 10, 2021.
Substitute teacher rates in Wilmington are as follows:
- Day to day: $80/day without a DESE license, $90/day with a DESE license
- 31-59 days in the same assignment: $105/day without a DESE license, $115/day with a DESE license
- 60-89 days in the same assignment: $120/day without a DESE license, $130/day with a DESE license
- 90 or more days in the same assignment: $266.12/day (must have a DESE license)
The school system is also seeking substitute educational assistants ($75/day).
View the job posting, which includes further information about the application process, HERE.
Got a question? Contact Andrea Armstrong, Human Resources Director, at 978-694-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
#4) Wilmington DPW Already Looking For Snowplow Contractors
The Town of Wilmington DPW is now hiring snow plow contractors. Work includes plowing roadways and municipal parking lots. Contractors must meet minimum insurance and equipment requirements. Call the DPW at 978-658-4481 for more information.
#5) Read This Week’s Grocery Store Circulars
Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.