WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, September 13, 2021 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Eagle Scout candidate Brenden Fitzpatrick will request permission to place an Agent Orange Memorial at Silver Lake.
- Eagle Scout candidate Aaron Dancewicz will request permission to place 6 military flagpoles on the Town Common.
- Selectmen will recognize the Wilmington Little League Junior Baseball championship team.
- Town Clerk Christine Touma-Conway will discuss establishing new voting precincts for the town following the 2020 census results.
- Economic Development Committee Chair Mike Champoux will discuss his committee’s recent activities, including a new marketing video to attract businesses to town.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on Town Clerk Christine Touma-Conway’s recent resignation and appointing a temporary clerk.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on the need and location for a Special Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on the Wildwood Early Childhood Center relative to the MSBA construction grant process.
- Selectmen will consider making an appointment to the MBTA Advisory Board.
- Selectmen will consider scheduling trainings provided by Town Counsel.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Recreation Department to hold its 53rd Annual Horribles Parade on Sunday, October 24, 2021.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Methodist Church and Boy Scouts of America Troop #56 to sell Christmas trees.
- Selectmen will consider executing an amended secondhand dealer license for GameStop.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm regarding negotiations for the Town Manager’s contract.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and http://www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.