WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee is holding a meeting this Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 7:30pm (late start!) in the High School’s Large Instruction Room.
The meeting will be streamed live on WCTV.org and on WCTV.
If you’d like to attend in-person, register by calling 978-694-6000 x 4.
An Executive Session meeting (closed to the public) will take place at 7pm to discuss the proposed Memorandum of Understanding between the district and the Teachers Union. A Policy Subcommittee Meeting (open to the public) precedes the Executive Session at 6:30pm to discuss proposed changes to the wellness policy.
There are several noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will meet the district’s new staff members for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will provide updates on school reopening and DESE’s student health and safety guidance.
- Brand will provide an update on where the district is in the Massachusetts School Building Authority’s construction grant program process.
- Brand will provide an overview of the projects the Public Works and Public Buildings Departments completed in the school buildings over the summer break.
- The School Committee will appoint Brand as the district’s representative to the SEEM Board of Directors.
- The district’s new Parent Working Group will make a presentation to the Committee about its early work.
- The School Committee will meet the district’s new SEL staff and receive an overview on Panorama.
- The School Committee will discuss a new proposed school wellness policy. (No vote expected as this is only the ‘first reading.’)
- The School Committee will vote on a 2021-2022 MOA between the district and the Teachers Union.
- The School Committee will consider a proposal from Dr. Brand to issue an RFP to conduct an Equity Audit of the district.
The School Committee will also hear any public comments, correspondence, and subcommittee reports.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.