WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 7pm inside the High School’s Large Instruction Room.
Agenda items include:
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will provide updates on the shared DEI Coordinator position and the district’s Special Education Coordinator position.
- Superintendent Brand will provide a presentation on a proposed equity audit for the district.
- WHS Athletic Director Mia Muzio will discuss a proposed gymnastics co-op team with Bedford, plus provide a review of the Fall 2 and Spring sports seasons.
- The School Committee will select its representative to the MSBA/Wildwood School Building Committee.
- School Committee Chair Jennifer Bryson will lead a discussion on the Superintendent’s mid-cycle review.
- Wilmington Middle School Principal Jeanette Quirk will provide a review of proposed changes to the WMS 2021-2022 student handbook. The School Committee will also approve the 2021-2022 Wilmington High School Student Handbook after last month’s presentation.
- Assistant Superintendent Paul Ruggiero and Brand will provide updates on the ESSER grants the district received due to COVID-19.
- Assistant Superintendent Christine Elliott will provide an update on the district’s dyslexia supports and screening tools.
- The School Committee will review a list of surplus equipment.
- The School Committee will accept a $1,000 donation from the WHS Field Hockey boosters.
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports, public comments and any correspondence.
The meeting can be watched live on Wilmington Community Television — 9 on Comcast, 37 on Verizon, and wctv.org/live.
An Executive Session will precede the meeting at 6:30pm.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.