WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Thursday, July 29, 2021:
#1) Red Cross Blood Drive At Wilmington KofC
The Red Cross is holding a Blood Drive from 10am to 3pm at the Wilmington Knights of Columbus Hall (112 Middlesex Avenue). Interested donors can call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to book an appointment. Donors can also visit http://www.redcross.org to schedule an appointment.
#2) LIBRARY EVENT: The Honeymoon Summer Of Scott & Zelda
Author and historian Richard Webb shares his book, “Boats Against the Current: The Honeymoon Summer of Scott and Zelda,” the companion to the newly released documentary, “Gatsby in Connecticut: The Untold Story,” which explores the story behind the iconic American novel, “The Great Gatsby.” This Zoom event begins at 7pm. Learn more and register HERE.
#3) Attend Wilmington Board Of Assessors Meeting
The Wilmington Board of Assessors meets at 10am in the Town Hall’s Small Conference Room. Read the agenda HERE.
#4) Wilmington Residents Invited To Tewksbury Community Market
The Tewksbury Community Market, located in the large field across from the Tewksbury Public Library (300 Chandler Street), is open on Thursday, July 29, 2021, from 4pm to 7pm.
The July 29 market will feature 30 vendors, including:
FARMS & MORE:
- Gaouette Farm (fresh veggies)
- Green Hollow Orchard (eggs, fresh veggies, candles)
- Neighbor’s Acre (microgreens, edible flowers)
- Pleasant Valley Gardens Farm (fresh veggies)
- Tewksbury Public Library’s Community Garden (fresh veggies)
DINNER FOOD TRUCKS:
- Empanada Dada (empanadas)
DESSERT FOOD TRUCKS:
- Cookie Monstah (ice cream sandwiches, cookies)
- Kona Ice (shaved ice)
- Whoopie Wagons (whoopie pies, cookies)
- Cupcake City (cupcakes)
- Fudge ‘n Stuff (fudge, candied nuts, salted & roasted cashews)
- Purple Carrot Bread Co. (breads, pastries)
- Sweet Lydias (smores, marshmallow, candy bars)
CAN’T MISS FOOD VENDORS:
- Bittersweet Herb Farm (sauces, seasonings, oils, jams, balsamic vinegar)
- Grateful Tastes (artisan spreads)
- Joyberry Farms (mushrooms)
- Kiss The Cook (mac & cheese)
- Mill City Cheesemongers (cheeses)
- Naturel Juicing (cold-pressed juices)
- Tewksbury Honey (honey)
ARTISANS, CRAFTERS & MORE:
- Champagne Peaks (hats, banners, shirts, stickers)
- MSM Crafts (all occasion cards & other papercraft items)
- NYR Organics (organic beauty products)
- Poet Up A Tree (eye glass holders, key chains, decorative boxes, plant hangers, anklets)
- Shiny Things (necklaces, bracelets, anklets, earrings)
- Soak It In Artisan Soap (handmade cold & hot process soaps, lotions & creams; bath bombs; face masks; sugar scrubs)
- Sunnyhill Candle Co. (soy candles, wax melts)
- Tewksbury Florist & Greenery (flowers, plants)
- Usborne Books & More (children’s books)
- Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library (community cookbooks)
- National Sharpening (mobile sharpening service for knives, scissors & garden tools)
Customers must park in the library’s parking lot as there is NO parking along Hospital Road and Chandler Street. For overflow parking, drive 0.25 miles up Hospital Road and there are parking lots on your left.
All vendors accept cash and credit. Pleasant Valley Gardens Farm also accepts WIC, SNAP, EBT and all state and federal farmers market coupons.
Please note the library closes at 5pm and there will be no public restrooms for customers available between 5pm and 7pm.
Visit the Tewksbury Community Market’s website at http://www.tewksburymarket.com to learn more. Follow the Tewksbury Community Market’s Facebook (@TewksburyMarket), Twitter (@TewksburyMarket), and Instagram (@TewksburyCommunityMarket) for additional market updates throughout the season.
The Tewksbury Community Market is organized through the Tewksbury Public Library, in cooperation the Tewksbury Hospital and several town departments, including the Health Department and Town Manager’s Office. Have a question about the market? Contact Community Outreach Librarian Robert Hayes at 978-640-4490 x 205 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Community Development Administrative Assistant Alex Lowder at 978-640-4370 x 248 or email@example.com.
#5) DEADLINE: Into Action Recovery To Hold 2nd Annual $10K Cash Raffle
nto Action Recovery is holding its 2nd Annual $10,000 Cash Raffle on Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 7pm at TJ Callahan’s (1475 Main Street, Tewksbury).
Tickets can be purchased at TJ Callahan’s, Tewksbury’s Pizza Mia, or by calling 978-273-6722. Tickets can also be purchased by mailing a check to Into Action Recovery, PO Box 253, Tewksbury, MA 01876 or Venmo-ing @MaryEllen-Cooper-1.