WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Thursday, July 22, 2021:
#1) LIBRARY EVENT: Outdoor Baby Time
This program of songs, rhymes, games and picture books is for babies under the age of two years and their caregivers. The program will be held behind the library next to the Peggy Kane Reading Garden at 9:30am. Please bring a blanket or low chairs and something for you and baby to shake (rattles, car keys, bottles full of rice or beans). Register HERE.
#2) LIBRARY EVENT: Outdoor Time For Twos
This storytime for two year olds includes books, rhymes, music and movement. The program will be held behind the library next to the Peggy Kane Reading Garden at 10:30am. Please bring something to sit on (blanket or low chairs) and something to shake (rattles, car keys, bottles full of rice or beans). Register HERE.
#3) WHS Cheerleaders To Hold Fundraiser At Jake ‘n Joes In Woburn
Looking for an excuse to eat out?
The Wilmington High School Cheerleaders program is holding a fundraiser at Jake n Joes Bar & Grille (230 Mishawum Road) in Woburn on Thursday, July 22, 2021.
Visit for lunch, dinner or take-out and let your server or phone representative know that you’re participating in the fundraiser and to FLAG YOUR CHECK. For online, use code FUNDRAISER.
For in-house dining, when paying your bill, double check that the word “FUNDRAISER” is noted on the bill to insure your check is being included with the fundraiser.
For online orders, order FUNDRAISER as an item and then enter the name of your organization as a special instruction. Again, double-check that the fundraiser code has been added to the order.
#4) Wilmington Residents Invited To Tewksbury Community Market
The Tewksbury Community Market, located in the large field across from the Tewksbury Public Library (300 Chandler Street), is open on Thursday, July 22, 2021, from 4pm to 7pm.
The July 22 market will feature 30 vendors, including:
FARMS & MORE:
- Green Hollow Orchard (eggs, fresh veggies)
- North of Boston Farm (meats, fresh veggies)
- Pleasant Valley Gardens Farm (fresh veggies)
- Tewksbury Public Library’s Community Garden (fresh veggies)
DINNER FOOD TRUCKS:
- Birds Nest Italian Street Food (sliders, deep fried manicotti, garlic parmesan french fries, crispy eggplant fries, mozzarella sticks, fried ravioli)
- Thwaites Market (handheld meat pies, potato salad, coleslaw)
DESSERT FOOD TRUCKS:
- Cookie Monstah (ice cream sandwiches, cookies)
- Kona Ice (shaved ice)
- Fudge ‘n Stuff (fudge, candied nuts, salted & roasted cashews)
- Purple Carrot Bread Co. (breads, pastries)
- KRM Chocolates (chocolate truffles, chocolate barks, chocolate dipped cookies)
- Sweet Lydias (smores, marshmallow, candy bars)
CAN’T MISS FOOD VENDORS:
- Bittersweet Herb Farm (sauces, seasonings, oils, jams, balsamic vinegar)
- Craic Sauce (4 flavors of hot saucse)
- Joyberry Farms (mushrooms)
- Kiss The Cook (mac & cheese)
- Mill City Cheesemongers (cheeses)
- Naturel Juicing (cold-pressed juices)
- Polish Prince Pieorgi (pierogi – both frozen & cooked)
- Seafood Express (seafood)
- Tewksbury Honey (honey)
ARTISANS, CRAFTERS & MORE:
- Ackreations Treasures (hairpiece accessories)
- Amy’s She Shed Creations (signs, glassware, wreaths, assortment of handmade items)
- KC Styles Accessories (handmade jewelry, scarves, hair accessories)
- Scents Delivered (goat milk soap, essential oils, fragrance oils, sugar scrubs)
- Straingley Handmade (wreaths, string art, handmade jewelry, greeting cards, customized glass & mugs, vinyl decals)
- Sunnyhill Candle Co. (soy candles, wax melts)
- Tewksbury Florist & Greenery (flowers, plants)
- Wood Working Ladies (home décor, signs, shelves)
- Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library (community cookbooks)
Customers must park in the library’s parking lot as there is NO parking along Hospital Road or Chandler Street. For overflow parking, drive 0.25 miles up Hospital Road and there are parking lots on your left.
All vendors accept cash and credit. Pleasant Valley Gardens Farm and North of Boston Farm also accept WIC, SNAP, EBT and all state and federal farmers market coupons.
Please note the library closes at 5pm and there will be no public restrooms for customers available between 5pm and 7pm.
Visit the Tewksbury Community Market’s website at http://www.tewksburymarket.com to learn more. Follow the Tewksbury Community Market’s Facebook (@TewksburyMarket), Twitter (@TewksburyMarket), and Instagram (@TewksburyCommunityMarket) for additional market updates throughout the season.
The Tewksbury Community Market is organized through the Tewksbury Public Library, in cooperation the Tewksbury Hospital and several town departments, including the Health Department and Town Manager’s Office. Have a question about the market? Contact Community Outreach Librarian Robert Hayes at 978-640-4490 x 205 or email@example.com and Community Development Administrative Assistant Alex Lowder at 978-640-4370 x 248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
#5) Attend Wilmington Finance Committee’s Appointment Committee Meeting
The Wilmington Finance Committee Appointing Committee meets at 6:30pm in Town Hall’s Room 9. Read the agenda HERE.