WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Thursday, June 17, 2021:
#1) Attend Wilmington Elderly Services Commission Meeting
The Wilmington Elderly Services Commissioners meet at 1:30pm at the Wilmington Senior Center. Read the agenda HERE.
#2) Attend Wilmington Senior Center Building Committee
The Wilmington Senior Center Building Committee meets at 6pm in Room 9 of Town Hall. Read the agenda HERE.
#3) LIBRARY EVENT: Virtual Novel Ideas Fiction Book Group
Enjoy reading fiction? Join the library’s fiction book group led by Adult Services Librarian Erin Driscoll. Please stop by the library to pick up a copy of the featured book, The Great Gatsby. Register HERE.
#4) Town Beach Is Closed For Swimming
#5) Wilmington Residents Invited To Tewksbury Community Market — 30 Vendors, 4 Food Trucks, 4 Farms
The Tewksbury Community Market, located in the large field across from the Tewksbury Public Library (300 Chandler Street), is open on Thursday, June 17, 2021, from 4pm to 7pm.
The June 17 market will feature 30 vendors, including:
FARMS & MORE:
- Green Hollow Orchard (eggs, fresh veggies)
- Neighbor’s Acre Farm (edible flowers, microgreens)
- North of Boston Farm (meats, fresh veggies, fruit)
- Pleasant Valley Gardens Farm (fresh veggies)
- Tewksbury Public Library’s Community Garden (fresh veggies)
DINNER FOOD TRUCKS:
- Birds Nest Italian Street Food Truck (sliders, deep fried manicotti, garlic parmesan french fries, crispy eggplant fries, mozzarella sticks, fried ravioli)
- Empanada Dada Food Truck (empanadas)
DESSERT FOOD TRUCKS:
- The Cookie Monstah Truck (ice cream sandwiches, cookies)
- Whoopie Wagon (whoopie pies, cookies)
- Cupcake City (cupcakes)
- Drive-by Pies (pies, fruit bars)
- Fudge ‘n Stuff (fudge, candied nuts, salted & roasted cashews)
- Kona Ice (shaved ice)
- Purple Carrot Bread Co. (breads, pastries)
- Sweet Lydias (smores, marshmallow, candy bars)
CAN’T MISS FOOD VENDORS:
- Bittersweet Herb Farm (sauces, seasonings, oils, jams, balsamic vinegar)
- Grateful Tastes (artisan spreads, raw honey, maple syrup)
- Joyberry Farm (mushrooms)
- Kiss The Cook (mac & cheese)
- Mill City Cheesemongers (cheeses)
- Naturel Juicing (cold-pressed juices)
- Polish Prince Pieorgi (pierogi – both frozen & cooked)
- Tewksbury Honey (honey)
ARTISANS, CRAFTERS & MORE:
- Ackreations Treasures (handmade crochet accessories)
- KC Styles Accessories (handmade jewelry, scarves, hair accessories)
- MSM Crafts (all occasion cards and other papercraft items)
- Usborne Books & More (children’s books)
- Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library (community cookbooks)
- Tewksbury Garden Club (perennials, clay pots, fairy garden kits)
Customers must park in the library’s parking lot as there is NO parking along Hospital Road. For overflow parking, drive 0.25 miles up Hospital Road and there are parking lots on your left.
All vendors accept cash and credit. Pleasant Valley Gardens Farm and North of Boston Farm also accept WIC, SNAP, EBT and all state and federal farmers market coupons.
Please note the library closes at 5pm and there will be no public restrooms for customers available between 5pm and 7pm.
Visit the Tewksbury Community Market’s website at www.tewksburymarket.com to learn more. Follow the Tewksbury Community Market’s Facebook (@TewksburyMarket), Twitter (@TewksburyMarket), and Instagram (@TewksburyCommunityMarket) for additional market updates throughout the season.
The Tewksbury Community Market is organized through the Tewksbury Public Library, in cooperation the Tewksbury Hospital and several town departments, including the Health Department and Town Manager’s Office. Have a question about the market? Contact Community Outreach Librarian Robert Hayes at 978-640-4490 x 205 or email@example.com.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.