WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 7pm.
While the meeting will take place in-person inside the High School’s Large Instruction Room, the public is encouraged to watch from home via WCTV due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19.
Agenda items include:
- School Committee will accept a $1,075.00 donation from a senior parent group to the WHS Class of 2021
- School Committee will accept a $2,638.78 donation from the Wilmington Educational Foundation in the form of technology grants.
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will provide his bi-monthly report. Topics will include Special Education Coordinator Search update and Social Emotional Learning Staff updates.
- The School Committee will hear about a virtual Special Olympics Game Day Presentation from Diana Hill.
- The School Committee will hear about a Doug Flutie Autism Technology Grant recently given to the Wilmington Middle School.
- Assistant Superintendent Christine Elliott will provide an update on enrollment for the summer academy.
- Dr. Brand will provide an update on the Middle School Program Review and engaging a consultant as part of the review.
- Dr. Brand will also briefly discuss contract negotiations with the school nurses.
The School Committee will also hear a student representative report from Owen Surette, subcommittee reports, public comments and any correspondence.
The meeting can be watched live on Wilmington Community Television — 9 on Comcast, 37 on Verizon, and wctv.org/live.
An Executive Session will precede the meeting at 6pm.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.