WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, May 24, 2021 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will conduct an Executive Session to conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with the Town Manager.
- Health Director Shelly Newhouse will provide a COVID-19 update and describe changes in protocols.
- Wilmington DPW Director Mike Woods & DPW Business & Utility Manager Joseph Lobao regarding the Public Water System Award for Outstanding Performance Achievement.
- Wilmington Farmers Market President Dana Burnham will request a Farmers Market Winery License.
- Selectmen will receive 7 letters from residents & Town Department heads regarding the Town Manager’s contract.
- Wilmington Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide a memo regarding the tenure of board designees & appointments to boards and committees.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on the State House Note for the Nassau Avenue Water Tank.
- Wilmington Finance Director Bran Perry will provide an update on the town’s MUNIS implementation.
- Wilmington Planning Director Valerie Gingrich & Town Engineer Paul Alunni will provide an update on the town’s draft Municipal Vulnerability & Preparedness (MVP) Plan and Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP).
- Selectmen will consider signing Town Counsel’s contract and Special Town Counsel’s contract for Fiscal Year 2022.
- Selectmen will consider accepting a gift of approximately 66.10 acres of land on Ballardvale Street (Map R2, Parcel 11) for the care, custody & control of the Wilmington Conservation Commission.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Library Director Tina Stewart to use the Swain Green on Wednesday, June 23 at 6:30pm for the Summer Reading Kick-Off.
- Selectmen will consider the request of The Misfit Artist Company to use the Rotary Park and Gazebo on Sundays (June 6, 13 & 20, 1:30pm-3:30pm) and Saturday, June 26, noon to 8pm, for a youth production of Julius Caesar.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Police Chief Joe Desmond to use Rotary Park on Tuesday, August 3, 2021 for 7th Annual National Night Out.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Indian Association of Greater Boston to raise the flags of India and the U.S. at the Town Hall to commemorate India’s 75th Independence Day.
- Selectmen to consider directing the Town Manager to take steps to obtain authorization to change the title of Board of Selectmen to Select Board.
- Selectmen to consider appointing Lil Maselli as the Selectmen Representative to the Economic Development Committee.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.