WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7pm.
While the meeting will take place in-person inside the High School’s Large Instruction Room, the public is encouraged to watch from home via WCTV due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19.
Agenda items include:
- The School Committee will conduct a reorganization and elect its next Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary. (This was postponed from their last meeting due to MJ Byrnes’s absence.)
- The School Committee will accept $4,409 in grants from the Wilmington Educational Foundation.
- Superintendent Glenn Brand will provide an update on current & future staffing, as well as the Middle School Assistant Principal Search.
- Superintendent Brand will discuss lunch issues at the Middle School, as well as the use of fans in classrooms.
- The School Committee will officially vote on the last day of school.
- Assistant Superintendent Christine Elliott will provide an update on Student Assessment & Academic Planning updates. Elliott will also discuss a screening assessment related to dyslexia.
- IT Director Ken Lord will provide a report of surplus equipment the district has amassed.
- Band teachers Mike Ferrara & Anita DiLullo will present their proposal for this summer’s band camp.
- Superintendent Brand will discuss an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion job proposal for the SEEM Collaborative.
- Superintendent Brand will provide the committee with the SEEM Collaborative’s FY22 budget.
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports, public comments and any correspondence.
The meeting can be watched live on Wilmington Community Television — 9 on Comcast, 37 on Verizon, and wctv.org/live.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.