WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 7pm.
While the meeting will take place in-person inside the High School’s Large Instruction Room, the public is encouraged to watch from home via WCTV due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19. An Executive Session precedes the regular meeting at 6pm to discuss the Superintendent’s contract renewal; the Return To Full-In Person Learning Memorandum of Agreement with the WTA; and additional contract negotiations.
Agenda items include:
- The School Committee will ratify the memorandum of agreement with the Wilmington Teachers Association regarding a return to full in-person learning.
- The School Committee will ratify a 3-year contract with the Wilmington School Cafeteria Employee Association.
- The School Committee will accept curriculum and educator exploration grants from the Wilmington Educational Foundation.
- Wilmington High School Athletic Director will provide an update on Sports Summer Clinics.
- Superintendent Glenn Brand, Principal Linda Peters and others will provide a status update on the High School Prom.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on the MSBA school building grant application.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on the Middle School Principal position.
- Superintendent Brand and Assistant Superintendent Christine Elliott will discuss the district’s approach to homework through the end of the school year, and how the district will support learning during quarantine.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on his 2020-2021 goals.
- The School Committee will vote on the Superintendent’s contract extension.
- The School Committee will vote on whether or not to participate in the state’s school choice program.
- The School Committee will receive the FY20 End of Year Financial Report.
- The School Committee will choose its representative to the Town Hall/School Administration Building Committee after Steve Bjork’s resignation.
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports, public comments and any correspondence.
The meeting can be watched live on Wilmington Community Television — 9 on Comcast, 37 on Verizon, and wctv.org/live.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.