TEWKSBURY, MA — On March 26, 2021, Wilmington/Tewksbury Chamber of Commerce Board President, Mark Kratman and Chamber Executive Director, Nancy Vallee, presented the 2021 Carmon Cunningham Business Legacy Award to Dawn Callahan, Owner of TJ Callahan’s Pub at 1475 Main Street, Tewksbury, for her business success and generosity to the community.
Nominations for the award were solicited from community business owners and residents. Here are a few excerpts from those nominations:
“Dawn ensures everyone that visits TJ Callahan’s Pub feels like family, has great food and drink, and most of all enjoys a fun night out.”
“Dawn’s kindness, generosity and compassion to the community is something everyone admires. Dawn is the first to ask “how can I help” with any business or charity event. She consistently donates her time and banquet space to these causes and many more:
- Dawn hosts monthly in person meetings for the Lions Club, Patriotic Committee and for high school fundraisers.
- Dawn held the first ever Meat Bingo fundraiser at TJ Callahan’s for the Lions Club, now a popular event within the community.
- Dawn started the first ever motorcycle run for the Lions Club gaining support from local and surrounding towns.
- Dawn partners with the local food pantry committee, hosting annual kickoffs and a drop off location at TJ Callahan’s for food donations.
- Dawn donates to the Vacation Getaway fundraiser and the wildly popular Scratch ticket fundraiser.
- Dawn partners with the Vision committee each year in conjunction with opticians to utilize the eye scanner for seniors and collect eyeglasses to give to volunteer missionaries for the needy vision impaired people in third world countries.
- Dawn consistently donates band cover charge and banquet room space to benefit folks in need in our community and numerous nonprofit organizations including the Chamber of Commerce.”
“Dawn brings great business, life and energy to the community and is so deserving of this award.”
About the Award
Before his untimely passing in 2016, Carmon Cunningham was the owner of the successful Cleaner Spot Dry Cleaners and Tailor at Wilmington Crossing. Carmon had been a member of the Chamber’s Board of Directors for five years, serving as the President in 2013 and 2014. Carmon was also very involved in a host of community and business organizations and charitable endeavors and was very well liked and respected by all he interacted with.
The Carmon Cunningham Business Legacy Award is presented each year to an individual who (1) has achieved exceptional business success in his/her lifetime and (2) inspires, is innovative and makes an impact in Wilmington and Tewksbury communities, leaving a legacy of community and economic vitality for generations to come.
The award is given to a Chamber member who embodies similar characteristics of the late Carmon Cunningham. Therefore, the recipient must be encouraging, supportive, maintain a positive attitude and cheerful disposition, while bringing life and energy to the community. The recipient must also have an incredible work ethic and provide a positive atmosphere in the workplace.
2017 – Carmon Cunningham, The Cleaner Spot Dry Cleaners (posthumously)
2018 – Michael Champoux, Winbrook
2019 – Rick Lowe, Tremezzo Ristorante
2020 – Sheila Bissett, Aleppo Shriners
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.