WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Wednesday, April 7, 2021:
#1) Wilmington Food Services Providing Free Meals To Children — Curbside Pick-Up In High School Parking Lot
Wilmington Public Schools Food Services will be distributing free meals (7 breakfasts & 7 lunches) for children 2-21 from 9:30am to 12:30pm in the High School Parking Lot.
#2) Watch Wilmington School Committee Meeting
The Wilmington School Committee meets at 7pm in the High School’s Large Instruction Room. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm. Read the agenda HERE. Watch the meeting live on WCTV and wctv.org.
#3) Watch Wilmington Conservation Commission Meeting
The Wilmington Conservation Commission meets at 7pm via Zoom. Read the agenda HERE.
#4) Wilmington Yardwaste Center Is Open
The Wilmington Yardwaste Center on Old Main Street is open from 8am to 2pm for the drop-off of leaves and brush.
Residents will need to purchase a punch-card for $15 in order to enter the yardwaste center. Punch-cards will be available for purchase through the Collector’s Office at Town Hall and will allow up to 5 vehicle trips to the yardwaste center per card. NO GRASS CLIPPINGS OR STUMPS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Commercial vehicles will not be allowed. Make sure to bring photo identification to show you are a Wilmington resident.
#5) DEADLINE: Last Day To Register For Preschool & Kindergarten
From Monday, March 29, 2021 through April 7, 2021 (please note that school will be closed Friday April 2nd-please do not bring registrations to the schools that day) the Boutwell and Wildwood Early Childhood Centers will be accepting completed registration materials (please provide copies of everything required. Do not send in originals.) for preschool and kindergarten. To accommodate the needs of our families, we are offering mail-in registration and drop-off registration. Please be sure to mail or drop off your completed registration packet to your child’s home school.
Boutwell Early Childhood Center
17 Boutwell Street
Wilmington, MA 01887
Wildwood Early Childhood Center
182 Wildwood Street
Wilmington, MA 01887
Upon arrival at your child’s home school, please place the completed registration packet in the “Registration Drop-Off Bin” located at the front door between the hours of 8:15am-2:15pm. We kindly ask when dropping off your child’s registration packet, please park in legally marked spots and wear a mask at all times.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the building principal.
Boutwell Early Childhood Center – firstname.lastname@example.org
Wildwood Early Childhood Center – email@example.com
PreK and K Registration
If your child reaches age three (3) on or before August 31, 2021 he/she can register for Preschool at this time.
If your child reaches age five (5) on or before August 31, 2021 he/she should register for Kindergarten at this time.
If your child reaches age six (6) on or before August 31, 2021 he/she should register for First Grade at this time, if not already attending a Wilmington Public School Kindergarten program.
**In accordance with School Committee policy, no child will be registered to enter first grade if he/she has not turned six (6) prior to August 31, 2021 even if they have completed a kindergarten program elsewhere.
The following items must be presented at the time of registration:
- I. Copy of original Birth Certificate with official seal
- II. Medical Information
- Most recent physical exam information and immunizations record
- III. Proof of Residency (one of the following items)
- Record of recent mortgage payment and/or property tax bill
- Fully signed and executed Lease and/or Rental Agreement (Must be executed by both parties)
- Notarized Landlord/Owner of Property Affidavit (please refer to district’s website wpsk12.com and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used “Residency Statement/Affidavit”)
- Fully signed and executed Purchase and Sale (P&S) Agreement (provided occupancy date occurs within 30 days of enrollment)
- Section 8 Agreement
- IV. Proof of Occupancy (one of the following items)
- Gas/Oil Bill, Electric Bill, Home (not cell) Telephone Bill, Cable Bill, Water Bill (Note: Bill must be dated within the past 45 days and address and name must be stated)
- Recent bill (other than that stated above dated within the past 45 days showing Wilmington address and name. However, a Residency Statement/Affidavit is REQUIRED with this option. Please refer to district’s website http://www.wpsk12.com and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used)
- Occupancy Statement/Affidavit must be notarized if a bill can not be provided prior to student’s enrollment (please refer to district’s website http://www.wpsk12.com and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used “Occupancy Statement/Affidavit”)
- V. Proof of Identity (one of the following items)
- Valid MA Driver’s License
- Valid MA Photo ID Card
- Valid Passport
- Other Government issued Photo ID
NOTE: Notarization at the Wilmington Town Hall is no longer available. Additionally, if you require an original copy of your child’s birth certificate, please order it online from the clerk’s page on the town website: wilmingtonma.gov, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call for assistance at 978-658-2030.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.