WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington is hiring 2 temporary crossing guards for the Middle School and Boutwell Early Childhood Center.
TOWN OF WILMINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT TEMPORARY CROSSING GUARDS
Reporting To: Police Chief
Wages: $14.25 per hour
Location: Middle School and Boutwell Early Childhood Center
Hours: 4 Hours Per Day, M-F. Work Day coincides with days school are in session.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Definition: The Crossing Guard provides for the safe movement of children crossing specified higher traffic areas prior to and at the dismissal of the school day. Directs and escorts pedestrians safely across streets, stopping traffic if necessary, communicate traffic and crossing rules to students and parents, and monitor traffic flow to identify safe gaps through which pedestrians can cross. Work days coincide with days school is in session. School Crossing Guards are supervised by the Safety Officer.
Essential Functions: Maintains position at assigned area during assigned times. The crossing guard will be expected to work according to the school calendar and times may vary due to delays and/or early dismissals.
– Maintains the safety of students and pedestrians by controlling the flow of traffic for the crossing of pedestrians at their assigned area.
– Oversees the safe conduct of children while crossing streets and roads and while waiting to cross the street or road at the direction of the crossing guard.
– The flow of traffic should be controlled through the use of hand signals and/or handheld stop signs.
– School Crossing Guards shall wear fluorescent safety vests as approved by the Department while engaged in their duties.
– Report observations and/or incidents relating to specific students or persons (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate behavior, violation of rules, suspicious activity, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information for follow up by the appropriate school or police personnel.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Assistant Town Manager/Director of Human Resources
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at: email@example.com
If submitting by email please use “Position: Temporary Crossing Guard” in the subject line. Resume and cover letter, or application may be attached to the email.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.