WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Monday, March 8, 2021:
#1) Watch Wilmington Board Of Selectmen Meeting
The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets at 7pm via Zoom. Read the agenda HERE. Watch the meeting live on WCTV and wctv.org.
#2) Watch Wilmington Housing Authority Meeting
The Wilmington Housing Authority meets at 5pm via GoToMeeting. Read the agenda HERE.
#3) Library Event: Craft & Chat
The Wilmington Memorial Library is holding a Craft & Chat at 7pm via Zoom. Grab your crochet, knitting, or other craft project, your favorite treat, and join in this informal gathering to craft and chat together. You don’t have to be crafty to join– all skill levels and crafts are welcome! Register HERE.
#4) Wilmington Offering Rain Barrels At Steep Discounted Rate
Wilmington is encouraging residents to harvest and save rainwater by offering The Great American Rain Barrel for $69, a 40% off retail discount.
To order, visit www.greatamericanrainbarrel.com/community and select Wilmington. Orders must be made by midnight on May 30, 2021.
Ordered barrels can be picked up on Saturday, June 5, 2021, from 9am to 11am, at the Wilmington Department of Public Works’s Administrative Office (115 Andover Street).
ABOUT THE GREAT AMERICAN RAIN BARREL
- 100% re-purposed, food grade, UV protected and BPA free barrels. Produced in Massachusetts.
- Most durale rain barrels on the market: 3/16″ wall thickness.
- Will last for years when properly drained & stored for winter. Pay for themselves in one year.
- Screen filtered to keep mosquitoes out.
- Several rain barrels can be linked together — easy 5-minute setup
- Available Colors: Forest Green, Earth Brown, Nantucket Grey and Unpainted.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD PURCHASE A RAIN BARREL
- Decrease your water bill by up to 40%.
- Have an alternate source of water during droughts.
- Have a healthy, chlorine, and chemical-free water source for plants & gardens.
- Improve residential storm management.
- Slow pollution for runoff.
- Lower municipal water demands & save energy at treatment plants.
#5) Town Seeking To Fill Vacancy On Wilmington Conservation Commission
The Town of Wilmington is seeking interested individuals who would like to volunteer their services as a member of the Conservation Commission. Letters of interest, or completed Application for Appointment may be directed to the Town Manager, 121 Glen Road, Wilmington, not later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2021.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.