WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 7pm.
While the meeting will take place in-person inside the High School’s Large Instruction Room, the public is encouraged to watch from home via WCTV due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19.
Agenda items include:
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will provide his bi-monthly update. Topics include: Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance Survey; Revised Hybrid Schedule Update; U.S. Senate Youth Program Student Selection; and Update on the Fine & Performing Arts Program.
- School Committee will have a conversation on MCAS requirements for the 2020-2021 school year and drafting a letter to Wilmington’s state delegation and the DESE.
- School Committee will conduct a first reading of the proposed 2021-2022 school year calendar.
- Brand will provide a school reopening update, including new school bus transportation guidance.
- Brand will provide an update on the MSBA Grant Program and School Facility Planning Process.
- Brand will provide an update on the Selectmen have decided to fill the current School Committee vacancy.
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports, public comments and any correspondence.
Stay Informed & Get Involved
The meeting can be watched live on Wilmington Community Television — 9 on Comcast, 37 on Verizon, and wctv.org/live.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.