WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, January 11, 2021 at 7pm via Zoom. (A 6:15pm Executive Session precedes the public meeting.)
The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 830 3668 5937 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will receive an update on COVID-19 efforts from Health Director Shelly Newhouse and Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh.
- Selectmen will consider adopting a remote participation policy for town boards, committees and commissions.
- Selectmen will determine a process to fill a vacancy on the Board of Registrars after Edward Sousa stepped down.
- Selectmen will discuss a vacancy on the Finance Committee after member Hirak Shah resigned.
- Selectmen will consider a request to install a tree or bench on the Town Common in memory of Robert Allen Jr., retired tree foreman of the Wilmington DPW.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will thank Lowell Five Bank for a recent donation to the town.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will update Selectmen on the RMLD substation.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will update Selectmen on the location of Annual Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the upcoming Finance Committee hearings on the FY22 budget.
- Selectman Kevin Caira will discuss the recommended selection of P3 as the OPM for the Town Hall/School Administration building.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.