WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7pm via Zoom. (A 6:15pm Executive Session precedes the public meeting.)
The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 830 9659 7291 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will recognize the Fiore Family for their ‘Great Christmas Light Fight’ victory. (That agenda item is scheduled for 7:45pm, but could be taken earlier or later.)
- Selectmen will receive an update on COVID-19 efforts from Health Director Shelly Newhouse and Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh.
- Selectmen will meet Wilmington’s new recovery coach Erin McCauley.
- Selectmen will hear from Town Engineer Paul Alunni regarding the Route 38 Corridor Project and conveyance of property at Route 38 and Cross Street.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide information from the Governor’s Office and ABCC regarding the recent Rollback to Phase 3, Step 1.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide information regarding a tear in the containment area gap at Olin Superfund site.
- Selectwoman Jomarie O’Mahony will provide an update on MBTA Advisory Board activities.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Library Director Tina Stewart to use the Swain Green on Thursday, August 12, 2021, from 4pm to 11pm, for a 7pm performance of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing and on Friday, August 13, 2021, from 5:30pm to 7pm, for the Annual Summer Bash.
- Selectmen will consider the approval of 2021 licenses for Alcohol Beverages; Automatic Amusement; Billiard Room; Class I Vehicle Sales; Class II Vehicle Sales; Common Victualer; and Entertainment. Selectmen will also consider issuing a Sunday Entertainment License to K1 Speed.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.