Below is information from the Wilmington Santa Parade’s Facebook page:
WILMINGTON, MA — In what’s become an annual tradition, Santa Claus and his friends will be parading around town this December.
On Sunday, December 6, Santa, Mrs. Claus, and his helpers will be traveling through Wilmington. There will be NO stops this year due to COVID-19.
Organizers will be collecting toys for Wilmington Fire Department’s Toys for Wilmington Children, food for the Wilmington Food Pantry, and letters to the troops. Volunteers will be collecting the items roadside. If you feel uncomfortable handing off, put them on down on the road for a volunteer to collect or drop off at the Wilmington Public Safety Building, outside the front door. A portion of the parade will be dedicated to recently fallen State Trooper Thomas Devlin of Wilmington.
Santa will be traveling through the following neighborhoods:
- 9:00am-11:00am: We will be traveling through Metro Apts, Deming Way, down Marion hitting Eleanor along the way. Then down Butters Row to Towpath and Appletree. Chestnut from Appletree to the Woburn line hitting Mill. Main St from Woburn down Eames turning left onto Woburn St through Lucci’s plaza right onto Lowell. We’ll circle Regency Place off West going down West to Woburn looping Wildwood and Federal then going down Woburn to Lowell. Traveling Lowell hitting Molloy, Fairfield, Allen Park Dr, Parker, Adams to Middlesex to Adelaide.
- 11:15am-12:20pm: Clark St, Wilmigton Plaza, Richmond to old Shawsheen cutting through Canal, Burt and Harris. Back on 62, we’ll hit Roberts, Dell and Castle before heading to Forest. After Forest, we’ll hit Andrew, Houghton from Andrew to Kendell back to Aldrich. Boutwell hitting Taft and Roosevelt before turning off to Carter. Head up Shawsheen to Aldrich hitting Bailey and Apache and Hopkins.
- 12:20pm-1:00pm: We’ll hit Grace, Melody, Reed, Pouliot, Sandy and Reed. We’ll go up Nichols hitting Fairmeadow, Jere, Russell and loop Rhode Island and New Hampshire. Then we’ll loop Manning and Moore before heading down Lake to Grove. After Grove, we will hit Mass Ave and Brattle to Glen
- 1:00pm-2:00pm: Santa and his friends need a breather
- 2:00pm-2:45pm: Other side of Brattle, Garden to St. Paul, Cary, King, Broad, Seneca, Tacoma, Gloria Way, Dobson and Fay (Glen Rd side), Gandalf Way, Agostino to Clorinda. Then Glen, Glendale, Lawrence, Shady Lane to Oakdale. Oakdale to Judith to Cedarcrest then down Pinewood heading to 62. North St, Dadant Marcia, Linda High St
- 2:45pm-3:40pm: We are heading to Woburn St, Sheridan and Chapman, Hathaway to Gunderson, Gunderson to Evans, Draper to Apollo Charlotte, Marie. Then we’ll head down Park, and hit the Gowing, Marcus and Oakridge neighborhood. We’ll also hit the Freeport, Lucaya Heather neighborhood. We’ll travel Woburn St to Concord down Concord to Federal Hill turning right On Middlesex traveling to Salem to Ballardvale by the North Intermediate heading to Andover St.
- 4:00pm-approx. 5:15pm: Andover St towards Andover. Hensey Way, Fiorenza, Ashwood, loop Target, Avalon Dr, then down Salem St hitting Arlene. Ella, Dorothy and Catherine. Then we’ll hit McDonald, McGrane before hitting Avalon West (Evergreen Dr). Then we’ll hit Cunningham to Everett, Everett to Faulkner and Heading down Main St from Glen.
Inclement weather and road conditions may change the course and times of the event. If inclement weather gets too severe, the event may have to end early. Times are approximate as traffic conditions may delay the parade
Follow the Parade’s Facebook page on December 6 for live updates.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.