WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, November 23, 2020 at 7pm via Zoom. (A 6:15pm Executive Session precedes the public meeting.)
The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 865 8810 0054 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will hold a public hearing on local property tax policy with Town Assessor Karen Rassias.
- Selectmen will receive a COVID-19 update from Town Health Director Shelly Newhouse.
- Selectmen will receive an update on the Route 38/Wilmington Crossing intersection.
- Selectmen will receive a presentation from Toys For Tots coordinator Frank West.
- Selectwoman Jomarie O’Mahony will provide an update on the MBTA Advisory Board.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the MassWorks Grant regarding the Princeton Properties apartment complex.
- Selectman Jonathan Eaton will provide an update on the draft remote participation policy for town committees, commissions and boards.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the Attorney General’s approval of zoning and bylaw changes from the 2020 Annual Town Meeting.
- Selectmen will consider modifying License Fees For Restaurants.
- Selectmen will consider sending a letter to Wilmington’s congressional delegation supporting Liam Prigmore’s application to the US Merchant Maritime Academy.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington-Tewksbury Chamber of Commerce to place an ice sculpture on the Town COmmon.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.