WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Friday, October 30, 2020:
#1) FINAL DAY For In-Person Early Voting At Town Hall
All early in-person voting for all precincts for the 2020 Presidential Election will be conducted in the Town Hall Auditorium (121 Glen Road).
The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, October 17, 2020: 9am to 1pm
- Sunday, October 18, 2020: 9am to 1pm
- Monday, October 19, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Thursday, October 22, 2020: 9am to 6pm
- Friday, October 23, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Saturday, October 24, 2020: 2pm to 6pm
- Sunday, October 25, 2020: 9am to 1pm
- Monday, October 26, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020: 9am to 6pm
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Thursday, October 29, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Friday, October 30, 2020: 9am to 4pm
Learn about additional alternatives to day-of voting HERE.
#2) Wilmington Pop Warner To Hold Drive-In Movie Night Fundraiser At MVP In Tewksbury
Wilmington Pop Warner is holding a Drive-In Movie Night Fundraiser on Friday, October 30, 2020 at 7pm at Merrimack Valley Pavilion (MVP) in Tewksbury (2087 Main Street).
MVP will be screening the “GooseBumps 2: Haunted Halloween” movie, which will begin at 7:30pm. Guests can arrive starting at 7pm for concessions and food purchases.
Tickets cost $25 per car. For an additional $25, cars can purchase 2 large popcorns, 4 boxes of candy, and 4 20oz. sodas. Tickets can be purchased HERE.
#3) Early Voting For Kids At Wilmington Library
While adults get to vote for who leads our country, you get to vote for who leads the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Children’s Room!
Place your vote for the best children’s books one of two ways! Visit the children’s room at the library by appointment, vote by ballot in our voting booth, and get a sticker or a pin! Kids will enjoy this great opportunity to participate in their own democracy and experience the polls! Book an appointment to visit, here: https://wilmlibrary.org/make-an-appointment/
The other way to participate is to vote through our Google Form, which you can fill out anytime now through November 3rd!
To vote online, click here: https://forms.gle/pcX1yKJrDa631JP18.
Voting ends on November 3rd and the winners will be announced that day!
#4) WCTV To Debut ‘The Box On The Porch’ Featuring Local Actors
Join us for the premiere of a sometimes creepy, often hysterical episode of “WILMINGTON: TOWN TALES — Episode 1: The Box on the Porch.”
When Evelyn receives a mysterious package with no return address how long can she wait before she finds out what is inside?
Written by Wilmington’s Bob Hamel. Directed by WCTV’s Ryan Malyar and Starring local actors: Melina Leon, Joe Haley, Bryan Miner and Jen Kennedy.
Following the premiere, we will air last year’s radio-drama, Night of the Living Dead.
#5) DEADLINE: Submissions For RMLD’s 4th Grade Student Art Contest
Each year, RMLD works with the local elementary schools to hold an electricity-themed student art contest for fourth graders in Reading, North Reading, Wilmington, and Lynnfield. Due to the complexities of the 2020/2021 school year and in consideration of the challenges schools and families face in managing school during the pandemic, the RMLD has canceled this year’s contest.
In substitute, RMLD is offering a voluntary option for fourth-grade students who wish to compete in an abridged version of the contest. Participation guidelines are as follows:
- Student watches RMLD’s fourth-grade electrical education video (approximately 12 minutes in length) linked below.
- Student completes an artist rendition of one or more of the lessons learned from the video:
- Use 8.5” by 11” sheet of paper
- Include a phrase to convey the intended message; make sure letters are readable
- Color in as much of the paper as possible
- Upload a scan or photo of the completed artwork by October 30, 2020. CLICK HERE FOR THE SUBMISSION FORM.
- Five winners will be selected from each school to receive a $10 Amazon Books gift card (prizes will be mailed). Winners will be announced on 11/13/2020. All artwork will be showcased at www.rmld.com.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.