WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 7pm.
The School Committee will meet from 6:15pm to 7pm in Executive Session (closed to the public) to discuss a grievance.
The public 7pm meeting will take place in-person inside the High School’s Large Instruction Room, but the public is encouraged to watch from home via WCTV due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19.
Agenda items include:
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will present the Mass. Association of School Superintendents Awards to WHS seniors Jesse Ding and Miriam Nelson.
- Brand will announce a memorandum of agreement has been reached with the Wilmington Teachers Association.
- Brand will discuss how snow days may work during hybrid learning.
- Brand will provide an update on the district’s advisory council and each school’s advisory council.
- Brand will provide an update on the MSBA school building project program.
- Brand will provide a school reopening update, including updates on staffing, HVAC, and change in learning modes.
- Brand and Assistant Superintendent Paul Ruggiero will discuss FY22 Budget Planning and Committee Meetings.
- School Committee member Jo Newhouse will discuss the Wilmington SEPAC.
- School Committee will vote on the resolutions for the Massachusetts Association of School Committee’s Annual Meeting.
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports, public comments and any correspondence.
Stay Informed & Get Involved
The meeting can be watched live on Wilmington Community Television — 9 on Comcast, 37 on Verizon, and wctv.org/live.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.