Below is a press release from Reading Municipal Light Department:
READING, MA — Each year, RMLD works with the local elementary schools to hold an electricity-themed student art contest for fourth graders in Reading, North Reading, Wilmington, and Lynnfield. Due to the complexities of the 2020/2021 school year and in consideration of the challenges schools and families face in managing school during the pandemic, the RMLD has canceled this year’s contest.
In substitute, RMLD is offering a voluntary option for fourth-grade students who wish to compete in an abridged version of the contest. Participation guidelines are as follows:
- Student watches RMLD’s fourth-grade electrical education video (approximately 12 minutes in length) linked below.
- Student completes an artist rendition of one or more of the lessons learned from the video:
- Use 8.5” by 11” sheet of paper
- Include a phrase to convey the intended message; make sure letters are readable
- Color in as much of the paper as possible
- Upload a scan or photo of the completed artwork by October 30, 2020. CLICK HERE FOR THE SUBMISSION FORM.
- Five winners will be selected from each school to receive a $10 Amazon Books gift card (prizes will be mailed). Winners will be announced on 11/13/2020. All artwork will be showcased at www.rmld.com.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.