WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, October 26, 2020 at 7pm in Wilmington High School’s Large Instruction Room.
No in-person attendance of the public will be permitted except during Public Comments. The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at http://www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 860 3746 6583 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- EPA’s Lynne Jennings and Josh Fontaine will discuss aerial survey for data gathering at the Olin Chemical Superfund Site.
- Town Clerk Tina Touma-Conway will provide an update on preparations for the November 3 Presidential Election and the receipt of grant funds.
- Health Director Shelly Newhouse will provide an update on COVID-19.
- Assistant Teen Librarian Brittany Tuttle will discuss the library’s “For Freedom” signs project for teens.
- Selectmen will receive correspondence from the Mass. Department of Revenue regarding the town’s free cash certification.
- Selectmen will discuss technical and non-technical comments submitted to EPA regarding its proposed Olin site clean-up plan.
- Selectman Greg Bendel will provide an update on the the selection of owners’ project manager for a new senior center.
- Elderly Services Director Terri Marciello will provide a memo regarding the use of the elderly services van to shuttle the elderly for early voting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the MSBA School Applications.
- State Police sent a letter of appreciation to the town for its assistance during Trooper Thomas Devlin’s wake and funeral.
- Planning & Conservation Director Valerie Gingrich will provide information on the town’s current open space & recreation survey.
- Selectmen will consider signing access lease and agreements for Olin to conduct groundwater monitoring and sampling activities in compliance with fieldwork authorized by the EPA.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Veterans Services Director Lou Cimaglia to illuminate the Town Common green in November in support of veterans.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Veterans Services Director Lou Cimaglia to use the Town Common on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 for the Veterans Day Ceremony.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Sons of Italy to use the Municipal Parking Lot and Fourth of July Building for annual Antique and Collectors Car Show on Sunday, July 25, 2021, from 9am to 2pm.
- Selectmen will consider revisions to draft remote participation policy before circulating to other boards.
- Selectmen will consider its meeting schedule for December 2020.
**A REMINDER ABOUT PUBLIC COMMENTS**
Public comments are being moved on the agenda to appear prior to appointments at the beginning of the meeting.
Individuals interested in offering public comments may offer their comments in person or remotely.
Those seeking to comment in person may do so by entering the side entrance of the high school closest to the Roman House at 7pm and remain in the hallway by the Large Group Instruction Room. In keeping with COVID-19 protocols, individuals will be invited into the meeting room one at a time to offer comment. Once the individual has offered their comments, they will be expected to leave the meeting room.
In the alternative, individuals seeking to offer comment remotely may continue to call the telephone number posted on the meeting agenda as has been the practice since the meetings started being conducted via Zoom.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.