WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Saturday, October 17, 2020:
#1) 9 Wilmington High School Games CANCELLED
Friday and Saturday’s Wilmington High School sporting events have been CANCELLED.
- GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY @ Wakefield at 2pm (Wakefield High School)
- BOYS FRESHMEN SOCCER vs. Wakefield at 3pm (Woburn St. School)
- BOYS VARSITY SOCCER vs. Wakefield at 3pm (Wilmington High School)
- GIRLS JV SOCCER @ Wakefield at 3pm (Galvin Middle School)
- GIRLS VARSITY FIELD HOCKEY @ Wakefield at 3pm (Wakefield High)
- GIRLS VARSITY SOCCER @ Wakefield at 3pm (Galvin Middle School)
- BOYS JV SOCCER vs. Wakefield at 3pm (North Intermediate School)
- GIRLS JV FIELD HOCKEY @ Wakefield at 4:30pm (Wakefield High School)
- BOYS CROSS COUNTRY vs. Wakefield at 5pm (Wilmington High School)
#2) Wilmington Methodist Church To Hold Curbside Pickup Italian Feast To Benefit St. Paul’s Soup Kitchen
Want a delicous Italian dinner, without going to a restaurant, AND help feed those in need?
Come to the Wilmington United Methodist Church’s Curbside Pickup Feast to benefit St. Paul’s Soup Kitchen on Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 5:30pm outside the church (87 Church Street). The fundraiser is hosted by the Wilmington United Methodist Church Outreach Committee.
This Annual Feast — with a new menu of Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, salad, bread, and dessert — will be available for a free will donation with curbside pick-up. The dinner will be prepared in the church’s licensed kitchen, by a ServeSafe certified crew, following current Covid-19 Virus safety guidelines. Come to the church parking lot, pop your trunk and volunteers will place your take-out meals there. Stop at the donation bucket and add what you can to it.
Let organizers know you are coming by either clicking HERE or calling the church office at 978-658-4519. All monies raised will benefit the St. Paul’s Soup Kitchen.
#3) Library Event: Virtual Poetry Circle
The library’s Poetry Circle meets at 9:15am. Do you enjoy writing poetry? Want input on your work? If so, this group is for you. Led by local writing enthusiast, Barbara Alevras. If you are interested in attending this event, please email Assistant Director Charlotte Wood at email@example.com. Please include the title of the program in the subject heading. This event will be held over Zoom. You will receive an invite from the presenter prior to the program date.
#4) Library Event: Virtual D&D Campaign
Interested in finding out more about this fantasy tabletop role-playing game, or looking for a group to play with? Join DM Michaela from 10am to noon for a virtual campaign via Zoom (or Google Hangouts) every month! Please register for all of the dates you would like to play using the email address where you’d like to receive the Zoom invitation (no school emails, please). You will receive the Zoom invitation via email at least an hour before the program begins. You will need to register for an account on DnDBeyond to create your character before playing. Please email Brittany (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Register HERE.
#5) In-Person Early Voting Begins At Town Hall
All early in-person voting for all precincts for the upcoming Presidential Election will be conducted in the Town Hall Auditorium (121 Glen Road).
The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, October 17, 2020: 9am to 1pm
- Sunday, October 18, 2020: 9am to 1pm
- Monday, October 19, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Thursday, October 22, 2020: 9am to 6pm
- Friday, October 23, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Saturday, October 24, 2020: 2pm to 6pm
- Sunday, October 25, 2020: 9am to 1pm
- Monday, October 26, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020: 9am to 6pm
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Thursday, October 29, 2020: 9am to 4pm
- Friday, October 30, 2020: 9am to 4pm
Learn about additional alternatives to day-of voting HERE.
BONUS: Pumpkin Patch At Wilmington United Methodist Church
The Wilmington United Methodist Church (87 Church Street) has organized its 5th Annual Pumpkin Patch. The Patch will be open from noon to 7pm during the week and 9am to 7pm on the weekends through Halloween (while supplies last). There is a large selection and variety of pumpkins and gourds available for sale daily on the church’s front lawn. Credit cards will be accepted.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.