WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 7pm.
The School Committee will meet from 6pm to 7pm in Executive Session (closed to the public) to discuss a grievance filed by the Wilmington Teachers Association.
The public 7pm meeting will take place in-person inside the High School’s Large Instruction Room, but the public is encouraged to watch from home via WCTV due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19.
Agenda items include:
- Superintendent Brand will provide a school reopening update, with a focus on the recent school building air quality assessment.
- Superintendent Brand, WPS Nurse Leader Doreen Crowe and Health Director Shelly Newhouse will discuss protocols for responding to COVID-19 scenarios.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on High Needs Student Program.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on the MSBA Application Process.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on early release days in the 2020-2021 school year calendar.
- School Committee will receive a personnel update from HR Director Andrea Stern-Armstrong.
- School Committee will review a FY22 Draft Budget Calendar.
- School Committee will approve student activity accounts for the 2020-2021 school year.
- School Committee will vote to recycle surplus equipment.
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports, public comments and any correspondence.
Stay Informed & Get Involved
The meeting can be watched live on Wilmington Community Television — 9 on Comcast, 37 on Verizon, and wctv.org/live.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.