WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, September 28, 2020 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium. No in-person attendance of the public will be permitted. The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at http://www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 856 5126 1911 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will consider the request of Pizza Days for a common victualer license for 206 Ballardvale Street, Unit 4.
- Selectmen will receive a COVID-19 update from Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh and Health Director Shelly Newhouse.
- Selectmen will hold a discussion with Newhouse relative to a proposed materials transfer station at 887 Woburn Street.
- Town Manager Jeff Hill will update Selectmen on the EPA comment period for the Olin Chemical Superfund Site Clean-Up Plan.
- Hull will update Selectmen on the latest news regarding the Textron property on Lowell Street.
- Selectmen will receive an update from the Town Clerk on Election Day voting at the Shriners Auditorium.
- Selectmen will receive an update on town clean-up efforts.
- Selectmen will receive an update on a recent grant awarded to the town to complete its Municipal Vulnerability and Preparedness (MVP) Plan.
- Selectmen will receive an update from the DPW on recent issues with the collection of bulky items from Cassella.
- Selectmen will receive news from RMLD about its virtual Public Power Week events.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Michael Barry, co-founder & director of “The Misfit Artist Company,” to use Rotary Park from October 11 through October 17 for the purpose of theatre production, rehearsals and performance.
- Selectmen will consider issuing automatic extensions to licenses for on-premises consumption & granted approval for outdoor table service for a period of up to 60 days after the end of the state of emergency.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Town Clerk to appoint additional election workers.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.