WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington Community Television (WCTV) is hiring a Social Media & Content Manager. Read the job posting below:
Social Media and Content Manager
Wilmington Community Television
$18-$20 an hour — Part Time — Temporarily Remote
All applications should be submitted with a current resume and cover letter as well as a portfolio with samples of graphic design, Adobe After Effects compositions, and social media posts.
If chosen to move on we will be in touch with a short assignment to assess your visual style and skills.
What does a Social Media and Content Manager do?
Our strategies are aimed at increasing community engagement while driving website traffic as well as increasing awareness of our non-profit television studio and it’s offerings. Social Media Manager should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels.
As a community television studio, we create a LOT of content. The Content Specialist will promote these programs by creating attractive visuals such as still images and short videos for social media. This position will frequently be utilized to add the finishing touches to projects and build elements for new shows including Show openers, lower thirds, animated infographics, and transitions. Knowledge of Adobe After Effects or a similar program is valuable.
- Generate, edit, publish and share content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages our audience to engage. A typical task would be to watch a video that has been completed and write an enticing description for social media, pulling out a 30-second clip to highlight it, taking a still-frame to build a thumbnail, and then scheduling the posts on all social media (Facebook/YouTube/Twitter)
- Upload finished videos to our Video On Demand Service through the Castus server interface. (Don’t worry, we can teach you this!)
- Develop and Maintain a cohesive visual style and voice across all platforms.
- Build social media posts and YouTube thumbnails.
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Build visually appealing video Openers, logo reveals, lower thirds, animated infographics, and transitions.
- Combine weekly posts into an email blast (MailChimp or similar) and website post (WordPress) highlighting featured content and upcoming programs at WCTV.
Desired Additional Skills:
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability using Adobe After Effects and Photoshop or similar.
- Positive attitude, detail-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English
Flexible Part-time 20 Hours/week: 3-5 days/week
Ability to work some hours remotely based on coordinated workflow. Some hours must be filled in person at Wilmington Community Television.
There is an expectation that remote-workers will use their own computer and editing software.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe we have created a complete COVID-19 Control plan. Including social distancing rules, mandatory masks in communal areas, and access to PPE. This position can work some hours remotely based on a coordinated workflow.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.