WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 3 things to know in Wilmington on Sunday, August 30, 2020:
#1) DEADLINE To Purchase Commemorative Bricks & Benches For Yentile Farm Is TOMORROW
Have you been enjoying Yentile Park?
The Wilmington Recreation Department is now taking orders if you would like to “purchase a brick” for the area in front of the concession stand, or dedicate one of the benches. This is a great way to honor a loved one, or simply to celebrate your pride in Wilmington.
The pricing is as follows:
- Brick (Single Size): $125
- Brick (Double Size): $300
- Bench: $2,000
The Recreation Department is now accepting orders for a Fall 2020 installation from July 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020.
For more information, there are order forms available on the Recreation Department’s website –click on the link for Town Parks and Fields.
#2) Food Shopping: This Week’s Circulars
Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
#3) Drive-Thru Wilmington Farmers Market — YOU MUST PRE-ORDER
The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open this Sunday, August 30, 2020, from 10am to 11:30am, in the Swain Green Parking Lot (140 Middlesex Avenue).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in an effort to continue to bring fresh and locally sourced food to our community, the Wilmington Farmers Market is operating as a weekly Drive-Thru Market where customers can pick up their pre-ordered food from the select list of essential vendors below. All sales are made directly through the vendors, and payments must be made in advance (exceptions can be made direct with the vendors on a case-by-case basis).
1. Place your order(s) directly with each vendor following their instructions below.
2. Pre-pay for your order with each vendor. Payments can only be accepted on-site if pre-arranged with the vendor (ex: for SNAP payments)
3. Arrive at the pick-up lot (140 Middlesex Ave) between 10 and 11:30 am on Sunday and stay in your vehicle! Bring a sign with your last name written on it and pop your trunk when you pull up to the Market Manager’s tent.
4. Vendors are positioned in the drive-thru line alphabetically and will place orders inside your vehicle.
For your own safety, and the safety of our wonderful vendors, please consider the following guidelines when you come to the market: Stay inside your vehicle; Pop your trunk; Wear a face mask; and Sanitize your packages when you arrive home.
This Week’s Participating Vendors
- North of Boston Farm (Order Deadline: Fridays at 8pm)
- Polish Prince Pierogi (Order Deadline: Saturday at 11pm)
- Seafood Express (Order Deadline: Saturday at 8pm)
Visit HERE for ordering details for each vendor.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.