WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, August 17, 2020 at 7pm. (An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.) The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at http://www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 810 2878 3396 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will receive an overview presentation from the town’s environmental consultant GeoInsight on the EPA’s proposed plan to clean up the Olin Superfund Site.
- Selectmen will consider executing an agreement with Olin for the installation of a water main from Main Street to Cook Avenue.
- Selectmen will receive an update from its state legislative delegation and MBTA’s Director of Special Projects on the installation of a platform at the North Wilmington Commuter Rail station.
- Selectmen will receive an update on the town’s COVID-19 efforts from Health Director Shelly Newhouse and Fire Chief William Cavanaugh.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town’s Finance Director regarding advanced refunding of debt regarding the high school project.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Manager on the status of the town’s Local Aid for FY2021.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Clerk about the State Primary on September 1.
- Selectmen will consider signing the warrant for the State Primary.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Town Clerk to appoint additional election workers for 2020.
- Selectmen will receive a status report regarding New England Transrail and Wilmington Woburn Intermodel.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Veterans Services Director Lou Cimaglia to use the Fourth of July Parking Lot for the purpose of queueing a patriotic Rolling Parade on Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
- Selectmen will consider to illuminate the Town Common gold during the month of September in observance of childhood cancer awareness.
- Selectmen to consider the request of Tony’s Ice Cream to obtain a hawk & pedle license to sell ice cream.
- Selectmen to consider assigning a designee to serve on Committee to Recommend Owners’ Project Manager for Town Hall/School Administration Building and another desginee to serve on Committee to Recommend Owners’ Project Manager for Senior Center.
- Selectmen to consider certain uses of town property by private businesses.
- Selectmen to consider request of Alex Kennedy to use the Fourth of July Building Parking Lot for a car wash fundraiser.
- Selectmen to consider scheduling a training from Town Counsel KP Law.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.