WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 3 things to know in Wilmington on Sunday, August 16, 2020:
#1) Back The Blue & Trump Too Rally On Town Common
Confirmed speakers have been announced for the Back the Blue and Trump Too Rally being held on the Wilmington Common on Sunday, August 16, 2020 starting at 2pm:
- Jim Lyons – Chairman of the Massachusetts Republican Party
- Tom Hodgson – Bristol County Sheriff and Trump Campaign Chairman for Massachusetts
- Rayla Campbell – Candidate for U.S. Congress
- John Paul Moran – Candidate for U.S. Congress
- Kevin O’Connor – Candidate for U.S. Senate
- Alec DiFruscia – Candidate for State Representative
- Tom Duggan – Owner/Publisher of the Valley Patriot, and son of Lawrence Patrolman Thomas Duggan, who was killed in the line of duty
Master of Ceremonies will be award winning journalist Kelli O’Hara.
The National Anthem will be performed by Guinness World Record holder Alan St. Louis, of Nashua NH.
The rally, organized by Wilmington residents, is in opposition to calls for de-funding the police. It is also in response to concerns about Police Reform Bill S.2800 , and the negative impact it could have on community law enforcement.
#2) Food Shopping: This Week’s Circulars
Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
#3) Drive-Thru Wilmington Farmers Market — YOU MUST PRE-ORDER
The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open this Sunday, August 16, 2020, from 10am to 11:30am, in the Swain Green Parking Lot (140 Middlesex Avenue).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in an effort to continue to bring fresh and locally sourced food to our community, the Wilmington Farmers Market is operating as a weekly Drive-Thru Market where customers can pick up their pre-ordered food from the select list of essential vendors below. All sales are made directly through the vendors, and payments must be made in advance (exceptions can be made direct with the vendors on a case-by-case basis).
1. Place your order(s) directly with each vendor following their instructions below.
2. Pre-pay for your order with each vendor. Payments can only be accepted on-site if pre-arranged with the vendor (ex: for SNAP payments)
3. Arrive at the pick-up lot (140 Middlesex Ave) between 10 and 11:30 am on Sunday and stay in your vehicle! Bring a sign with your last name written on it and pop your trunk when you pull up to the Market Manager’s tent.
4. Vendors are positioned in the drive-thru line alphabetically and will place orders inside your vehicle.
For your own safety, and the safety of our wonderful vendors, please consider the following guidelines when you come to the market: Stay inside your vehicle; Pop your trunk; Wear a face mask; and Sanitize your packages when you arrive home.
This Week’s Participating Vendors
- North of Boston Farm (Order Deadline: Fridays at 8pm)
- Polish Prince Pierogi (Order Deadline: Saturday at 11am)
- Seafood Express (Order Deadline: Saturday at 8pm)
Visit HERE for ordering details for each vendor.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.