WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to know in Wilmington on Tuesday, August 11, 2020:
#1) Library On The Lawn
Would you like to browse and checkout books and DVDs? Be sure to stop by the front of the Wilmington Memorial Library from 10am to noon to peruse several carts of both adult and children’s materials. Masks are required and we ask all to respect social distancing. This event will not take place during inclement weather.
#2) Wilmington Senior Center To Hold 1950’s Virtual Trivia
Give Zoom a chance and join Kelly for Zoom Trivia! This month’s trivia will be from the 1950’s (Tuesday, August 11, 2020, from 9:30am to 10:30am) and the 1960’s (Tuesday, August 25, 2020, from 9:30am to 10:30am).
There will be 20 questions varying from Pop culture, movies, music, history, sports, and more! Test your knowledge, see some friendly faces, and have fun!
If you are hesitant to sign up because you have never used Zoom, call the center and speak with Kelly. Zoom may seem in mida ng but it is actually very easy and fun to use. Kelly can set up a one on one Zoom meeting with you and walk you through all the steps over the phone or just answer any questions you may have. We encourage anyone interested to try Zoom to sign up for an event or speak with Kelly. Though the warm weather is here now and we are able to sit outside and catch up while social distancing, the weather may not always make this feasible. Lets all learn Zoom together and be prepared for those not so nice weather days!
You must sign up for this event. See below on how to play and how to sign up. Limited space is available. This event is free of cost.
How to Play:
All you need is a pen and paper! I will ask the ques on and players will write down their answer. Once all players have their answer wri en down, everyone will hold the piece of paper with their answer. I will be keeping score and whoever has the most correct answers at the end of the game will win a prize! Bonus ques ons will be available in case of a tie.
*Winners will also be men oned in the September Newsletter*
There are two ways to sign up…
1. Simply call the center to sign up. Tell us the date you’d like to join and give us your email address. We will email you the link to the zoom event. On the day of the event, click on the link and you will be entered into the video chat.
2. Sign up online for any of these events at www.myactivecenter.com. This is a secure and easy to use site to browse and sign up for events at our senior center and others in the area. Create an account using your My Senior Center card (the card you scan when you enter the center). If you do not have a card, call the center and we will assign you one. Next, choose Buzzell Senior Center as the closest center available. The site will remember that this is the preferred loca on. In the search bar, search “Zoom Trivia” and click on it. Click on the date you’d like to join and click register. A new screen will pop up, click register again. The event will then be added on your My Activity Center calendar. The Zoom Meeting link will be emailed to you a couple days before the event. A few minutes before it begins go to your email and click on the link, then you will be entered into the video chat.
#3) Wilmington Library To Host Virtual Gardening Program
The Wilmington Memorial Library is hosting a virtual talk, “How To Keep On Growing,” at 7pm. Don’t let late summer be the last time you harvest from your vegetable garden! Keep your homegrown veggies productive through late fall with a few simple techniques for extending the growing season. Attend this workshop for expert advice on having your longest growing season yet, along with tips on crop varieties and simple DIY projects to keep on planting! Q&A session after the workshop led by seasoned farmer and horticulturalist, Jillian Shea. Jillian Shea is the founder of PlantHer Garden Coaching with over a decade of experience in the Commercial Farming and Education industry. This is an online event via Zoom. An invite will be sent at least thirty minutes prior to the start of the program to the email given at registration. Please be sure to check your clutter/junk/spam boxes if the invite does not appear in your inbox. Register HERE.
#4) Wilmington Library To Host Virtual Preschool Storytime
The Wilmington Memorial Library is hosting a virtual preschool storytime at 10am. This storytime for preschoolers includes books, rhymes, and music. Ages 3-5. Zoom Meeting Room invitations will be emailed to registered attendees at least one hour before the event. Register HERE.
#5) Wilmington Students Can Pickup ‘Grab & Go’ Breakfasts & Lunches Curbside Outside WHS
Wilmington Food Services will continue to put forward best efforts to feed our students during this time and will be preparing bagged breakfasts and lunches out of our kitchen at Wilmington High School. These meals will be available for any students, regardless of which school you attend in the District, and will be prepared in our safe and sanitary environment by Wilmington staff.
You may pick up all breakfast and lunches outside the Events Entrance at WHS (off of Adams Street) every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-11:30 a.m. We ask you pull your vehicle up to the curb, pop your car trunk or hatch and we will gladly place the meals inside your vehicle.
This is available to all students, including students attending other schools outside the district, residing in Wilmington.
We want to make sure you enjoy your breakfast & lunch safely:
- All refrigerated items should be kept cold, under 41 degrees
- All frozen food should be kept frozen until ready to heat
- Discard any items after 5 days
- All food is fully cooked but you may choose to microwave some items if you do please:
o remove all wrapping and use microwave safe dish
o lunch and breakfast items such as breakfast sandwiches have heating instructions and should be heated until internal temperature of 165 degrees
If you have any questions, please call Mary Palen at 978-694-6064 or contact via email email@example.com.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.