WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 3 things to know in Wilmington on Sunday, August 9, 2020:
#1) Wilmington’s Upasana To Hold Free Virtual Evening Of Indian Dance
Upasana, a Wilmington-based, non-profit organization founded by Wilmington resident Mouli Pal, is hosting a virtual Evening of Dance on Sunday, August 9, 2020, from 7:30pm to 9pm.
This cultural event will be streamed live on Upasana’s Facebook page.
The lead dancer in this performance, Medha Pal, is a rising junior at Wilmington High School.
This program is supported in part by grants from the Weston Cultural Council, Wayland Cultural Council, Lincoln Cultural Council, Waltham Cultural Council and Newton Cultural Council, local agencies which are supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.
#2) Yard Sale On Pouliot Place
When: Saturday, August 8, 2020, 9am to 2pm AND Sunday, August 9, 2020, 9am to 2pm
Where: 5501 Pouliot Place, Wilmington
Details: We are moving out of the house and are downsizing considerably, so almost everything must go. We will be practicing social distancing, so please be curtious and keep your distance if there are multiple people looking at items. Also, a mask will be required to look through items. Appreciate your understanding; just trying to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Here are some of the things we plan to have out:
- Clothing (Men’s mostly size Medium shirts and 32 X 32 pants)
- Baby and Toddler Clothing
- Baby Supplies
- Baby and toddler toys (inside and outside)
- Sports equipment (tennis, racquetball, skiing, home gym items)
- Electronics (bluray / DVD players, home automation, LCD and LED TV’s
- Seasonal Items (halloween costumes and decorations, Christmas decorations, Easter supplies)
- General Household items (fans, vaporizers, bags, suitcases)
- Tools (cordless Ryobi tool set, tile flooring supplies, paints, hydrolic cement, floor squeek kit, water leak detectors, etc…)
- Furniture (will not be setup outside, please ask for pictures)
- kitchen hutch
- swiveling barstools
- 6 piece King size bedroom set
- Baby bedroom set with crib that converts to daybed then full size bed (have concersion kit)
- glider with ottoman
- TV stand
- wall mirrors
- Video Game consoles with games and accessories (Wii U, Wii, Game Cube, N64, Super Nintendo, NES)
#3) Drive-Thru Wilmington Farmers Market — YOU MUST PRE-ORDER
The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open this Sunday, August 9, 2020, from 10am to 11:30am, in the Swain Green Parking Lot (140 Middlesex Avenue).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in an effort to continue to bring fresh and locally sourced food to our community, the Wilmington Farmers Market is operating as a weekly Drive-Thru Market where customers can pick up their pre-ordered food from the select list of essential vendors below. All sales are made directly through the vendors, and payments must be made in advance (exceptions can be made direct with the vendors on a case-by-case basis).
1. Place your order(s) directly with each vendor following their instructions below.
2. Pre-pay for your order with each vendor. Payments can only be accepted on-site if pre-arranged with the vendor (ex: for SNAP payments)
3. Arrive at the pick-up lot (140 Middlesex Ave) between 10 and 11:30 am on Sunday and stay in your vehicle! Bring a sign with your last name written on it and pop your trunk when you pull up to the Market Manager’s tent.
4. Vendors are positioned in the drive-thru line alphabetically and will place orders inside your vehicle.
For your own safety, and the safety of our wonderful vendors, please consider the following guidelines when you come to the market: Stay inside your vehicle; Pop your trunk; Wear a face mask; and Sanitize your packages when you arrive home.
This Week’s Participating Vendors
- North of Boston Farm (Order Deadline: Thursday at 10am)
- Polish Prince Pierogi (Order Deadline: Saturday at 11am)
- Purple Carrot Artisan Breads (Order Deadline: Friday at 5:30pm)
- Seafood Express (Order Deadline: Saturday at 8pm)
Visit HERE for ordering details for each vendor.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.