Below is an announcement from the Reading Municipal Light Department:
READING, MA — Warm and muggy conditions are expected to continue through Wednesday of next week. The peak for the month of June is likely to occur over the next several days. As a reminder, peaks typically occur on weekdays (not weekend days).
If you’re able, please conserve electricity during the following time periods to help reduce future power supply costs and keep electric rates affordable:
- Monday, July 27, 2020 – 4:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020 – 4:00 pm-8:00 pm
Tips to Conserve
- Turn off unnecessary lights and electronics.
- Delay using appliances such as washers, dryers, dishwashers, and humidifiers/dehumidifiers until after the predicted peak window.
- Delay running pool pumps until after the predicted peak window.
- Raise the temperature setting on your air conditioner by a few degrees (from 70 to 73, for example), and close curtains and blinds to keep the heat from the sun out.
We realize that this is a difficult time with many work and school activities now occurring in the home. Shred the Peak is a completely voluntary program, and any effort you are able to make to conserve during predicted peak windows is appreciated!
Text Alerts Coming Soon
RMLD is in the process of rolling out its Customer Notification System. Shred the Peak text, phone, and/or email alerts will be available as a future phase of the project. Customers may enroll to receive these and other future notifications now.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.