WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 3 things to know in Wilmington on Sunday, July 19, 2020:
#1) Wilmington Residents Invited To Virtual Book Discussion On Race
The Wilmington For Equity, Diversity and Inclusion group is holding a Virtual Book Discussion of “So You Want To Talk About Race” by Ijeoma Oluo on Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 7:30pm via Zoom.
About The Book: “A current, constructive, and actionable exploration of today’s racial landscape, offering straightforward clarity that readers of all races need to contribute to the dismantling of the racial divide. In So You Want to Talk About Race, Editor-at-Large of the Establishment Ijeoma Oluo offers a contemporary, accessible take on the racial landscape in America, addressing head-on such issues as privilege, police brutality, intersectionality, micro-aggressions, the Black Lives Matter movement, and the “N” word. Perfectly positioned to bridge the gap between people of color and white Americans struggling with race complexities, Oluo answers the questions readers don’t dare ask, and explains the concepts that continue to elude everyday Americans.”
Interlibrary loan services between libraries is currently limited, but readers can listen to the eAudiobook version of the book HERE: https://mvlc.overdrive.com/mvlc-wilmington/content/media/3444426?cid=1090121.
If you’d like to attend the discussion, RSVP on Facebook HERE.
#2) Food Shopping: This Week’s Circulars
Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
#3) Drive-Thru Wilmington Farmers Market — YOU MUST PRE-ORDER
The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open this Sunday, July 19, 2020, from 10am to 11:30am, in the Swain Green Parking Lot (140 Middlesex Avenue).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in an effort to continue to bring fresh and locally sourced food to our community, the Wilmington Farmers Market is operating as a weekly Drive-Thru Market where customers can pick up their pre-ordered food from the select list of essential vendors below. All sales are made directly through the vendors, and payments must be made in advance (exceptions can be made direct with the vendors on a case-by-case basis).
1. Place your order(s) directly with each vendor following their instructions below.
2. Pre-pay for your order with each vendor. Payments can only be accepted on-site if pre-arranged with the vendor (ex: for SNAP payments)
3. Arrive at the pick-up lot (140 Middlesex Ave) between 10 and 11:30 am on Sunday and stay in your vehicle! Bring a sign with your last name written on it and pop your trunk when you pull up to the Market Manager’s tent.
4. Vendors are positioned in the drive-thru line alphabetically and will place orders inside your vehicle.
For your own safety, and the safety of our wonderful vendors, please consider the following guidelines when you come to the market: Stay inside your vehicle; Pop your trunk; Wear a face mask; and Sanitize your packages when you arrive home.
This Week’s Participating Vendors
- North of Boston Farm (Order Deadline: Thursday at 10am)
- Polish Prince Pierogi (Order Deadline: Saturday at 11am)
- Purple Carrot Artisan Breads (Order Deadline: Friday at 5:30pm)
- Red Antler Apothecary (Order Deadline: Friday at 5pm)
- Samira’s Homemade (Order Deadline: Saturday at 5pm)
- Seafood Express
Visit HERE for ordering details for each vendor.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.