WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, June 22, 2020 at 7pm. The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at http://www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 836 5670 3901 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will receive an update from Town Health Director Shelley Newhouse and Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh on the town’s COVID-19 response.
- Selectmen will receive an update from Town Moderator Rob Peterson and Town Clerk Christine Touma-Conway on this Saturday’s Annual Town Meeting.
- Selectmen will discuss and assign motions for Saturday’s Annual Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the status of restaurants seeking outdoor seating.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on the status of a grant for the MBTA Commuter Rail Station in North Wilmington.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on funding for the Senior Center.
- Town Manager Hull will recognize DSM Coating Resigns donating hand sanitizer to the town.
- Selectmen will consider executing an inter-municipal agreement of housing services.
- Selectmen will consider approving grants the town received during FY20.
- Selectmen will consider a request to install a stop sign at Mass Avenue and Brattle Street.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Economic Development Committee to authorize the use of certain outdoor public spaces to businesses, and the request of the Wilmington Dance Academy to use outdoor public space for dance classes and recitals.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.