WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington is holding its Annual Town Election today — Saturday, June 20, 2020, from 8am to 8pm — at regular polling locations.
All races are uncontested. The following candidates will be appearing on the ballot:
- Jomarie O’Mahony — re-election to the Wilmington Board of Selectmen
- Gary DePalma — election to the Wilmington Board of Selectmen
- Jennifer Bryson — re-election to the Wilmington School Committee
- Steve Bjork — re-election to the Wilmington School Committee
- Audrey Reed — election to the Wilmington Housing Authority
Wilmington Town Clerk Christine Touma-Conway recently announced precautions her office is taking to keep voters safe in light of COVID-19:
- A limit of six (6) Voters will be allowed into the voting areas at one time.
- Voters will be asked to wait in lines with six foot intervals between them.
- Inspectors and Precinct Clerks will have plexi-glass shields between themselves and voters.
- Polling locations, including tables, voting booths and the areas around the AccuVote machines will be disinfected at regular intervals.
- Voters will be given ball point pens to mark their ballots which are theirs to keep.
Inspectors, Clerks and Wardens will wear masks.
- Voters are also expected to wear masks. In the rare occasion that a voter is unable to wear a mask, they will be allowed to vote at a segregated voting booth, set apart from the other polling booths.
- No precaution or set of precautions will be as effective as consideration for others. COVID-19 symptom charts will be posted in each polling location for voters to review before entering the precincts to ensure they believe themselves safely among fellow citizens on Election Day.
Wilmington Apple plans on publishing the election results when they are announced tonight after the polls close.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.