WILMINGTON, MA — Shawsheen Tech seniors will be parading through Wilmington, Burlington and Billerica this Monday, June 1, 2020, beginning at 6pm.
The parade will follow the route below:
- Exit the school back parking lot and turn left onto Cook Street
- Proceed down Cook Street onto Aldrich Road (Wilmington)
- Turn right onto Boutwell Street (Wilmington)
- Turn right onto Burlington Avenue, 62 West (Wilmington/Burlington)
- Turn right onto Cambridge Street (Burlington/Billerica)
- Proceed down Route 3A (Burlington/Billerica)
- Turn right onto Cook Street (Billerica)
- Drive past Shawsheen one last time and the route ends
Students are being asked to decorate their vehicles. Students will be driven by a parent/guardian. Students will remain in their vehicles at all times and wear a seatbelt.
The parade will be led by members of the Billerica Police Department. Officers will be located throughout the route to direct traffic.
Spectators along the parade are asked to follow social distancing guidelines, and wear a cloth face mask or covering. Spectators are not allowed to congregate after the parade has passed them along the route. Spectators must ensure their vehicles are parked legally. Parking at the Tech during the parade is prohibited.
The parade will not extend into Tewksbury or Bedford in order to keep the route simple (a giant square) for traffic purposes. The organizers encourage Tewksbury and Bedford residents to still attend the parade.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.