WILMINGTON, MA — Watch the 2020 Wilmington Memorial Day Ceremony, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below.
- Wilmington Veterans Agent Lou Cimaglia was the Master of Ceremonies.
- WHS student Ryann Walsh sang the National Anthem.
- Deacon Cliff King, a Vietnam War veteran, gave the innovation and benediction.
- State Rep. Dave Robertson State Senator Bruce Tarr, Board of Selectmen Chair Mike Champoux, and Town Manager Jeff Hull all offered remarks.
- Gold Star family member Joyce (Eaton) Dalton remembered her brother Ronald Eaton who was killed in action during the Korean War
- Student Rebecca Russo read the Gettysburg Address.
- Student Katie McConologue read a Memorial Day poem.
- Cimaglia read the roll call of Wilmington veterans killed and missing in action.
- Following a riffle volley from the Police Department’s Rifle Team and a cannon valley from the Wilmington Minutemen, Ken Michaud and WPD Officer Ronald Alpers played taps. WPD Officer Matt Stavro played the bagpipes.
(NOTE: If the above video does not play, view it HERE.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.