Below is a press release from the Reading Municipal Light Department:
READING, MA — RMLD is closely monitoring COVID-19 and taking steps to plan and prepare.
RMLD is taking the following steps to prepare:
- Promote preventative behavior within the RMLD workforce including good hygiene practices and encouraging employees to stay home if they are sick.
- Review and update emergency operating procedures and business continuity plans to prepare for operational constraints such as a reduced workforce, supply chain limitations, and limited support services.
- Participate in the Town of Reading’s Emergency Operations Center and planning/response meetings.
- Maintain regular communication with the four communities RMLD serves regarding local impacts.
- Postpone publicly scheduled events and review options for virtual meetings to convey important business information in support of local community efforts to limit the spread of the virus.
The safety of our employees and our local community is RMLD’s top priority. As with other businesses and organizations, the operations of the RMLD may be impacted as a result of this pandemic despite the best planning and preparation. We appreciate your patience as we manage these potential challenges. Please be assured that RMLD is committed to providing safe and reliable electric service to our customers throughout this difficult time and beyond.
The RMLD will align with the Town of Reading on future standards/policies related to Coronavirus. Please visit their website for more information.
Future updates will be posted on our website and communicated via email and Twitter.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.