WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, March 9, 2020 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will meet the town’s newly hired firefighters.
Selectmen will hear a presentation from Town Counsel regarding a development agreement with Princeton Properties relative to an apartment complex in North Wilmington, across from Elia’s.UPDATE: This agenda item has been POSTPONED to a future meeting.
- Selectmen will review, discuss, sign and close the Town Meeting Warrant.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Health Department & Assistant Town manager relative to Coronavirus.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand regarding statements of interest submitted to the Massachusetts School Building Authority.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from DPW Director Mike Woods regarding an update on the town’s future solid waste management contracts.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from Fire Chief William Cavanaugh regarding a FEMA reimbursement to the town.
- Selectmen will receive a letter from the Governor regarding Chapter 90 funds.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Manager regarding the status of EPA’s proposed clean-up plan for Olin.
- Selectmen will sign a license agreement with the Wilmington Farmers Market.
- Selectmen will consider the request to illuminate the Town Common blue in April for Autism Awareness Month.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Rotary Club to use Town Beach for a Polar Plunge on Saturday, March 14.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Band Parents to sell coffee, donuts, popcorn, cold drinks, pompoms and balloons during the Memorial Day Parade.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Band Parents to sell refreshments during the Recreation Department’s summer concert series.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Sons of Italy and Wilmington Band Parents to use the Swain School Parking Lot on Sunday, September 12, 2020 to conduct a yard sale fundraiser.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Michael Murphy to fly the “Donate Life” flag at Town Hall in April during National Organ Donor Month. Selectmen will also hear a brief presentation from Murphy.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.