WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, February 24, 2020 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will review the Annual Town Meeting petitioned warrant articles and begin a preliminary discussion of Annual Town Meeting non-petitioned warrant articles.
- The Wilmington Sons of Italy will present the town with a $50,000 donation to help cover costs associated with the construction of the Yentile Farm Recreational Facility.
- WCTV Executive Director Shaun Neville will provide an update on Wilmington’s community media center’s programs and activities.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Manager on the New England Transrail Status Report.
- Selectmen will consider a request from the Board of Appeals relative to allowing Chair Daniel Veerman to vote on a special permit from the 4th of July Committee to hold a carnival. Veerman lives near the carnival site.
- Selectmen will hold public hearings regarding an earth removal permit for 100-110 Fordham Road and to amend a flammable license from underground to aboveground storage on town property at 135 Andover Street.
- Selectmen will consider the authorization to extend its agreement with RMLD for another 10 years.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Town Clerk to appoint more election workers.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Library Director Tina Stewart to place lawn signs on the Town Common, Library, Rotary Park & other public properties, from February 28 to March 14, to promote the Community Health & Wellness Fair.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Dianna DiGregorio, President of the Wilmington Community Fund, to the use the Town Common Parking Lot on Saturday, September 19, 2020, from 9am to noon, for the Town Shredding Day.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Marc Gallucci, from Friends of Wilmington Baseball, to use the Fourth of July Building’s parking lot on Saturday, May 9, 2020 for a fundraising car wash.
- Selectmen will consider restricting town sponsored activities on the dates of the Annual Town Meeting and Annual Town Election.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.