WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, February 10, 2020 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will have a discussion with its state delegation regarding a new North Wilmington Commuter Rail platform.
- Town Engineer Paul Alunni will provide a presentation on the new EPA requirements for municipal separate storm sewer system permits.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will announce the appointment of Christopher Pozzi as Wilmington’s Deputy Fire Chief.
- Hull will announce the warrant articles that were submitted by citizen petition for the 2020 Town Meeting.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from Elderly Services Director Terri Marciello and Public Buildings Superintendent George Hooper on the status of improvements to the Senior Center.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from Marciello on Wilmington’s programming and hours of operation in comparison to other local communities.
- Selectmen will receive a letter from RMLD General Manager Coleen O’Brien regarding land acquisition for a new Wilmington Electric Substation.
- Selectmen will consider signing the warrant for the President Primary Election on March 3, 2020.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Farmers Market President Dana Burnham to conduct a Farmers Market on the Swain Green on Sundays, from 10am to 1pm, from June 14, 2020 to October 11, 2020.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Friends of Field Hockey to hold a car wash fundraiser on Sunday, September 20, 2020, from 9am to 1pm, in the Municipal Parking Lot.
- Selectmen will consider the request to change the name on the flammable license from Koch Membrane Systems to Koch Separation Solutions at 850 Main Street.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
(NOTE: The cover photo was from the Wilmington Fire Department’s Facebook page.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.