The below announcement was submitted by Shaun Neville, Executive Director of Wilmington Community Television (WCTV):
WILMINGTON, MA — Happy New Year Wilmington!
WCTV is kicking off 2020 with a bunch of live programs. These can all be viewed on WCTV (Comcast 9 / Verizon 37) or at wctv.org/live:
- The postponed winter concert series continues in January with concerts this Thursday night (January 9th) and the following Thursday (January 16th). Both concerts will be at Wilmington High School at 7PM.
- We’ve got a basketball doubleheader on Friday night. The WHS boys team is up first at 5:15PM. The girls game airs right after. Look for it to start around 7PM.
- On Monday evening at 7PM, the Board of Selectmen hold their first meeting of the year.
- The following Wednesday, the Board of Appeals will meet live at 7PM.
All WCTV content posts at wctv.org/vod. Our goal is to have meetings posted within 24 hours. The same goes for Wildcat sports, but often, a weekend event won’t be posted until Monday.
There are a lot of other events populating to our channel and website this week including WHS wrestling, Book Stew and a much-hyped badminton tournament at the high school.
Here’s a reminder that when there isn’t a live event happening on WCTV, our TV primetime schedule is set up by category starting at 7PM each night.
- Monday: The latest Board of Selectmen meeting
- Tuesday: Community events, interviews and topics
- Wednesday: The latest School Committee meeting
- Thursday: Throwback Thursday: Archive footage
- Friday: Wildcat TV: Featuring sports and other school events
- Saturday: Community events, interviews and topics
- Sunday: Wildcat TV
We hope that as you’re channel surfing in the evening, you’ll remember to stop in at WCTV to see what’s happening across our community.
Perhaps you don’t have Comcast or Verizon, but rely on a smart-TV or over-the-top box for your television viewing?
Our WCTV Roku Channel is back up and running after several months of technical glitches. For those with a Roku device or Roku TV, just search for “WCTV” under “Channels”. Look for our apple logo and install it to your home screen.
The Roku channel pulls in a livestream from our web feed. Because of that, you need to remember two things: the quality, especially on sports, will be lagging a bit. That’s because our web feed was designed for phone screens, not your big screens. Second, it runs on about a 2-3 minute delay from real time. So while the quality of our meeting coverage looks pretty good on Roku, you’ll be behind by a little bit.
Spoiler warning when texting friends about the latest Selectmen meeting!
WCTV has a lot of new things planned for 2020. We can’t wait to work with our partners in Wilmington and continue to connect our community!
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.