WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 3 things to know in Wilmington on Sunday, December 29, 2019:
#1) Food Shopping
Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
#2) Where To Get Your Overflow Trash Bags
Below are five reminders about the town’s overflow trash bags, courtesy of the Wilmington DPW:
#1) Overflow bags are the only approved bags for extra trash. Trash not in the official 64-gallon blue containers or in the overflow bags will not be collected.
#2) The bags are sold in packets of 5 for $10.
#3) The bags are available for purchase at:
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue)
- Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street)
- Market Basket (260 Main Street)
- Stop & Shop (265 Main Street, North Reading)
#4) Overflow bags are for trash only – no yard waste, no recycles, no construction debris, and no hazardous waste. The bags can hold a maximum weight of about 25 pounds.
#5) Remember to securely close and tie each bag before disposal. Bags must be placed beside your trash container.
#3) Burbank YMCA Holding ‘Flick & Float’
Burbank YMCA (36 Arthur Lord Drive, Reading, MA) is hosting a ‘Flick and Float’ at 5pm. Come spend the evening with family and friends in the Y’s pool while watching ‘Ice Age.’ Bring a gently used coat to donate or a suggested $5 donation.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.