WILMINGTON, MA — At last night’s Wilmington School Committee, Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand provided an update on the district’s search for its next Athletic Director.
Brand formally announced the Search Committee, which will be run the district’s Human Resources Director Andrea Stern-Armstrong:
- Leanne Ebert (District Administrator)
- Kevin Welch (Building Administrator)
- Stephanie Murray (WHS Teacher)
- Laura Stinson (Coach)
- Patrick Taylor (Coach)
- Brian Kane (Parent)
- Ranee Rooney (Parent)
- Emily Lee (WHS Student)
Nearly 25 staff and community members expressed an interest in serving on the 8-person committee.
Survey Responses Needed
Brand noted the district recently sent out an online survey to gather feedback on the qualities, characteristics, and experiences that people are looking for in the next director.
The survey can be taken HERE. Only 25 surveys had been filled out prior to this week’s meeting.
Search Going According To Plan
Brand reiterated the four key phases to the search:
- The Search Committee will receive and screen initial applications and make recommendations to the Superintendent about which candidates should advance.
- Finalist candidates will spend a full day in the district where they will meet with staff, students, parents/guardians, and the district’s leadership team.
- School officials will visit the finalist candidates’ current district to gather additional information.
- The Superintendent will select the next Athletic Director from the finalist candidates.
The search’s timeline remains on schedule:
- December 2, 2019 — Position Advertised
- January 4, 2020 — Deadline To Receive Applications
- January 13, 2020 – January 24, 2019 — Initial Interviews Conducted By Search Committee
- Week of January 27 — Finalists Announced
- Week of February 3 — Finalists visit Wilmington
- Week of February 10 — Site Visits To Finalists’ Home Districts
- Week of February 24 — Finalist Announced
Brand stressed there’d be opportunities for the community and staff to be involved in the process, including a “Meet The Finalists” forums in early February.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.