Below is a press release from the Tewksbury Public Events & Celebrations Committee. Please note that Wilmington’s Tree Lighting is scheduled for the following night on Saturday, December 7, 2019:
TEWKSBURY, MA — The Tewksbury Public Events and Celebrations Committee (TPEC) is pleased to announce that it will host its Annual Holiday Celebration & Tree Lighting on Friday, December 6, 2019, from 6pm to 7pm, at the Town Common, 1009 Main Street.
Join us for this fun, FREE event on the common. It will be a festive night to
- Marshmallow roasting on open barrel fires courtesy of Align Credit Union
- Staging of a beautiful ice sculpture donated by the Wilmington/Tewksbury Chamber of Commerce and its associated businesses
- Hot cider and donuts from the Wamesit Lodge Freemasons
- Hot chocolate brought to you by Laer Realty
- Candy cane treats courtesy of Market Basket
- Writing letters to Santa, and of course…
- Meet Santa and a couple of his helpful elves!
Not to mention, the main attraction: the Christmas tree to be lit in the gazebo along with the rest of the town common. Don’t forget to follow us across the street to the Congregational Church to enjoy some homemade pies while meeting Santa.
Please be sure to bring an unwrapped toy to donate to the local toy drive!
Children in our community can benefit from your generosity.
The Tewksbury Public Events and Celebrations Committee formed in 2014 to coordinate family-friendly community events. These events encourage Tewksbury residents and those from surrounding towns to socialize with neighbors, meet new friends and showcase local talent and businesses. If you are interested in joining the committee or volunteering at an event, please contact email@example.com.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.