Below is a press release from Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan’s Office:
WOBURN, MA – On Saturday, September 28, 2019, Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan, in partnership with Winchester Hospital, Woburn Police Department and Woburn Fire Department, hosted their annual Back to School Safety Event. In support of this event, Winchester Hospital gave away around 200 helmets to encourage bicycle safety. Participants at the event enjoyed learning vital information on how to stay safe during the school year and also had the opportunity to explore over 40 emergency vehicles while interacting with public safety officials from local, state and federal agencies. The event featured K-9 demonstrations from specialty dogs and their law enforcement handlers and exercise stations for children hosted by the Boston Bruins Foundation along with Blades, the Bruin’s mascot as part of the Bfit Challenge. During the event, the Woburn Lion’s Club provided free food to attendees and nine different police departments performed car seat safety checks and installations.
The annual Back-to–School safety event is part of Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan’s efforts to raise awareness about safety issues including traveling from and to school – biking, walking or riding the bus -, and internet safety. The event also provides an opportunity for children and families to interact with public safety officials and learn more about how their agencies work to keep safe over 200,000 students throughout the year. Since safety is parents’ number one concern, District Attorney Ryan urges family members to talk to their children about safety so they can thrive in a safe and healthy environment.
Partner agencies at the event included:
- Action Ambulance Service, Inc.
- Acton Police
- Amtrak Police
- Armstrong Ambulance Service
- Bedford Police
- Billerica Police
- Boston Bruins Foundation- BFit Challenge
- Burlington Fire
- Burlington Police
- Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc.
- Chelmsford Police
- Communities United, Inc.- Woburn Creative Start
- Hanscom Air Force Base- 66th Security Forces Squadron
- K9 First Responders
- Lexington Police
- Lowell Police
- Massachusetts Department of Corrections
- Massachusetts Department of Fire Services
- Massachusetts Environmental Police
- Massachusetts State Police- Dive Team, Mounted Section, Traffic Programs, Special Operations K-9
- MBTA Transit Police
- Melrose Police
- Middlesex Sheriff’s Office
- North Reading Police
- Northeastern MA Law Enforcement Council (NEMLEC)
- Operation Lifesaver
- Pro EMS
- Reading Police
- Red Cross- Northeast Area
- Tewksbury Police
- U.S. National Park Service
- U.S. Veterans Affairs Police
- Waltham Police
- Wilmington Police
- Winchester Hospital
- Woburn Fire
- Woburn Medical Reserves Corp.
- Woburn Police
Photos of the event can be viewed HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.